Wilton 9X3 Contour Pan ~ Need Instructions ~

Decorating By ladixiechic1 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 4:36am by maureen03

ladixiechic1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladixiechic1 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I just bought the Wilton 9" x 3" Deep Contour Pan and there was no insert in it with baking instructions. Since it is deeper than a normal pan, I am thinking there should be special instructions. icon_biggrin.gif I bought it because I want to make a deep single layer cake. icon_cool.gif Does anyone have the instructions or recipe for this type of pan??? I would appreciate any help!!!

7 replies
rlm5150 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlm5150 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 8

Have you tried finding the instructions at www.Wilton.com? There's always a good possibility that they will have it there. Good luck.
TAB

Reecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reecie Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 8

I have this pan. You use about 5 1/2 cups of batter and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. Oh, and use the flower nail turned upside down in the middle.

HTH

Reecie

ladixiechic1 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 8

Yes I looked on the Wilton site first, that was my thinking when I bought the pan. No instructions there icon_sad.gif Thanks Reecie for the instructions. Does this make a good single layer cake? What does the flower nail do??? icon_confused.gif

ladixiechic1 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 8

Yes I looked on the Wilton site first, that was my thinking when I bought the pan. No instructions there icon_sad.gif Thanks Reecie for the instructions. Does this make a good single layer cake? What does the flower nail do??? icon_confused.gif

Reecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reecie Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, it makes a good one layer cake. The nail works like a heating core to help your cake bake evenly. The deeper pans tend to get overcooked without it.

ladixiechic1 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 8

icon_cool.gif Thanks again Reecie for the info..... I am good to go now thumbs_up.gif

maureen03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maureen03 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:36am
post #8 of 8

i'm very new at baking and i just bought the 9x3 contour pan and tried using it. does the 5 1/2 cups of batter fill the pan to a 3 inch tall cake when done?

i used the contour pan, brushed the bottom and sides of the cake pan with cake release (equal parts of flour, veg shortening and veg oil), used the flower nail and put 5 1/2 cups of batter and my cake didn't rise to a full 3 inches on the sides. the middle rose higher than the sides of the pan but the sides didn't. am i doing something wrong?

oh my! i just realized that this topic was from 2006. hopefully you guys are still out there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%