Gladiolas Instructions?

Decorating By Mac Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 3:47pm by Apti

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever made any glads for a cake? I need directions either in BC, fondant or GP. TIA--Pam

4 replies
kimmerly1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmerly1966 Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 5

I was looking for the same thing, in BC or Fondant, need them for a cake this weekend!! Let's hope someone does!! icon_smile.gif

scWMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scWMI Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 5

I know how to make them from RI using a lily nail and leaf tips from an old Wilton encyclopedia I have. It's pretty easy.

Use either tips 112 and 113 with a 2 1/2 inch lily nail or tip 67 & 70. Start at center of cup to press out a small petal (use smaller tip), pulling icing up toward edge of foil about an inch. Do a second petal overlapping the first. Using the larger tip, pipe a petal over the two smaller ones to top edge of foil. Push the foil forward to curve the petal up. Pipe a large petal directly across from the first large one and bend the foil under to curve the petal down. With smaller tip, add two small petals overlapping the large one. Brush the center into a cone-shaped well. Dry 12 hours and then make 3 stamens out of 2 1/2 inches white floral wire - push 1/2" inch up into a tip 65s and squeeze as you slowly pull wire out. Dry 30 mins, then twist stamens together partway, hook plain ends and bend in half with hooked ends highest, attach with icing. Once dry - peel off foil. Make leaves with tip 70.

Hope this helps without the pictures from the book!

kimmerly1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmerly1966 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! Do you have any pictures of it? It sounds easy but I am having a hard time picturing it by reading the how too lol icon_smile.gif I could use a visual icon_smile.gif Maybe a cake that you did it on?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 5

If you type in "gladiolas" in the CC search, it will bring up about 1/2 a page of cake pics.
Maybe that will help you visualize.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%