Help!!help!!!with This Cake!!!please!!!

Decorating By nejiad Updated 22 May 2007 , 11:32pm by prterrell

nejiad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 22 May 2007 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 10

I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS WEDDING CAKE THIS COMING SATURDAY,BUT HOW YOU MAKE THE SCROLLS??IS ANY PATTERN,I HAVE THE BOOK BUT I THINK THE PAGE WHERE HAVE THA INSTRUCTIONS DISAPERED!!!!AND U=IN MICHAEL'S MY NEAREST STORE THEY DON'T HAVE IT.PLEASE IF SOMEONE HAVE THE INSTRUCTIONS CAN YOU SEND IT TO ME [email protected] is the picture of teh cake.
LL

9 replies
naz1905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naz1905 Posted 22 May 2007 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 10

Is it a wilton one? I'm sure they have instructions on theit website. Did you check?

FuturamaFanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FuturamaFanatic Posted 22 May 2007 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 10

From that picture I can't really see what scrolls you are talking about. Looks like stringwork on the side of the cake. Could you provide a little more detail?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 10

Yes, it is hard to tell from the photo what you are asking about.

Might it be drop string work? Ribbon or garland swag?

Here's a chart of Wilton tips w/examples that might help you identify what you're looking for:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article42-Decorating-Tip-Numbers.html

Example of drop string work (and more):

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/search?type=0&searchWords=cake+decorating+tips&pageNumber=1

HTH

P.S. All caps is considered "shouting". Also I find it difficult to read. icon_smile.gif

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 10

All the cake has is string work. The only scrolls are on the the bridges. Lots of luck with the cake. You will do a great job. Don't stress.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 10

If it is in a Wilton book let us know which year and we can take a look and get that info to you.
Jacqui

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:48pm
post #7 of 10

The Wilton instructions for 13 different round tip techniques (including stringwork) are in the above Michael's link. icon_smile.gif

swe3ts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swe3ts Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:56pm
post #8 of 10

Hi nejiad I actually have that very same cake to make in a couple of weeks. The scrolls are sold by wilton and then you over pipe them with royal frosting and tip 13. Here is the link were you can find them http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E31394F-475A-BAC0-5946009539E4EAC8 . Hope that helps.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:59pm
post #9 of 10

Don't panic.

I have that book AND the instructions. Give me a minute--I'm printing some slow stuff right now. I'll scan it and email it to you.

edit: I sent it as an attachment. Let me know if you don't get the email. icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 May 2007 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

P.S. All caps is considered "shouting". Also I find it difficult to read. icon_smile.gif

Ditto.

I can't tell exactly whats on that cake from the picture (it's too small), but I also don't see scrolls, I do see stringwork.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%