Who Can Help??????

Baking By caduchi Updated 3 Jun 2005 , 7:12pm by caduchi

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 22 May 2005 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I need some help, my sister is coming to visite and she loves a raisen cake. Well my ploblem is my raisens don't float in the cake but sinks to the buttom. Who can help me with a recipe, and how to keep the raisens a flaot. Thanks alot.

4 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 May 2005 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 5

You can try coating them with flour to see if that helps.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 22 May 2005 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by caduchi

Hi all,

I need some help, my sister is coming to visite and she loves a raisen cake. Well my ploblem is my raisens don't float in the cake but sinks to the buttom. Who can help me with a recipe, and how to keep the raisens a flaot. Thanks alot.

AS mOuse has said you can toss them in to flour or you can even use the dry cake mix to toss them and then put then in last and just take a spatula and toss them don't mix them in ..

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 May 2005 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 5

Baking911.com also recommends using a thicker, heavier batter, as well as coating with the flour or mix. veejay

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 5

Well i tried the flour and the toating and i have to say the raisins still sank like the titanic to the bottom icon_cry.gif, will try the stiffer batter, and see how tht turns out. will keep u posted. Hope every one can understand my inglish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%