Help! My Oven Died!

Decorating By TxAgGirl Updated 22 May 2007 , 7:11pm by pifsmom

TxAgGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxAgGirl Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 7

...and I have a cake due tomorrow. icon_cry.gif

So, does anyone happen to know if the bakeries at Albertson's, Kroger, or Sam's will sell undecorated cakes?

Baking at someone else's house is not a viable option since I've got a 1-yr-old and a 3-yr-old.

6 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 7

Well, you can use my kitchen if you want, but it's a long plane ride icon_smile.gif And I don't mind the kids......maybe there is someone here on CC close to you who wouldn't mind?

TxAgGirl Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 7

Anyone???

mizshelli Posted 22 May 2007 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 7

I would call Kroger and find out. They are really cool in the bakery at my Kroger, they might just do it for you.

TxAgGirl Posted 22 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 7

Well, my Kroger's will sell them to me at the same price as if they were decorated, and Albertson's will do it at half-price. I just remembered that I had some frozen though, so I'm going to see how they taste and may just use them.

This is a frebee cake for a school faculty meeting, so I'm not too worried about it being exactly gormet... icon_smile.gif

mizshelli Posted 22 May 2007 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 7

well good luck, and start shopping for a new oven!!!

pifsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pifsmom Posted 22 May 2007 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 7

Howdy from Jacksonville, Florida!

Our local Publix supermarkets are great! They will sell an undecorated cake if the need arises. However...(you knew it was coming) They sell it by the pound, and they do not bake on the premises.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%