Post Your Best/favorite Cake Pic.

Decorating By debbie2881 Updated 4 Dec 2014 , 4:38am by Candy Goodreau

treys_girl04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
treys_girl04 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 4:33pm
post #91 of 345

his was the first wedding cake i ever did!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 4:40pm
post #92 of 345

I think the owner's of Cake Central could publish a book with some of the talent here! Once again, I'm loving this thread!! icon_lol.gif

cakesbyallison, your cake is soooo cool! I've seen this style before and always liked it, but you've done a great (very professional) job! I'd like to make this cake for my daughter's birthday, but not sure I have the patience!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 4:44pm
post #93 of 345

How do you post a pic in the response? I can't figure this stuff out! icon_cry.gif OK I'll try this again. The Houston Texans birthday cake in my photos is my favorite.
LL

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 4:53pm
post #94 of 345

Pink bunny....I LOVE your palm tree cake! I was just trying to find it yesterday to show my DH. So glad you posted it! I love it. Would also love to attempt it icon_smile.gif If it's ok???

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:02pm
post #95 of 345

Everyone's cakes are SO beautiful! I have learned SO much from everyone here! I love this site!
Here is my latest cake I am pretty proud of...I just posted it here last weekend.
LL

gegon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gegon Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:12pm
post #96 of 345

I think all cakes here are devine!!! I don't think my cakes stand up to some of the ones you have already posted but, here are my favorites...I couldn't decide...

The first one (Scooby) for my son's 4th birthday and the second one (Jungle) for my nephew's 2nd birthday. Third one is simple but I loved the colors and the Power Ranger foam deco I made myself.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=gegon&cat=0&pos=22

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=gegon&cat=0&pos=8

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=gegon&cat=0&pos=26

fola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fola Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:25pm
post #97 of 345

ALL THE CAKESARE BEAUTIFUL. I WILL SEND MY FAVORITE CAKE SOON

fola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fola Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:44pm
post #98 of 345

Here is the cake
LL

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:47pm
post #99 of 345

gegon WoW those cakes are great! I love all the colors and the design is wonderful. Great job.

You guys the cakes that have been posted are so wonderful, they definately give me something to shoot for but i know it would be a long while before i catch up.

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:53pm
post #100 of 345

Wow such talent!!!

Here is my favorite I think - everyday i change my mind!!
LL

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 7:33pm
post #101 of 345

This is my favorite cake thus far and only my second time working with fondant and the first time I have ever done a whimsey cake. I plan to put a fondant bride/groom on top as soon as I get them done. I will update when I do that. It is done with cake dummies so that I can enter it in a local decorating competition at our local fair.
LL

dyenana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyenana Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 7:35pm
post #102 of 345

They are all beautiful one day I will some have a fav. I have only been doing decorating for 2 mths. By the way you are all so inspiring. Thank you.

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 8:02pm
post #103 of 345

Beautiful cakes everyone!! I am in awe at some of the cakes y'all create!!

Here is mine. My dad LOVES to fish so for his birthday (the 26th of june) I made him a cake with a fisherman on it. The fisherman is done by freehand. I did the S border on top and on the bottom is the shell.
LL

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 8:09pm
post #104 of 345

hi im soo glad to catch this thread!! icon_biggrin.gif i've only read through page 3 so far but i wanted to post mine before i had to start 2 new cakes today..it was really hard so i also picked 2 pics.the first one is a bassinet cake for my cousins baby shower. it is all edible and was a huge hit!! the second is a cheetah i made from the wilton lamb pan. it is sitting on a full sheet . it was for my daughters bday. i made a practice cheetah the week b4 and my mil thought it was a statuette!! i was stunned!! icon_eek.gif --compared to most of the other pics posted here i will have to do alot more cakes to get as good as those!! GREAT TOPIC!!!!
LL
LL

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 8:18pm
post #105 of 345

This is my absolute favorite. I have this cake on the top of my photo album that I keep in my purse. I made it for a cookout we had at my Dad's.
LL

tabs8774 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 8:30pm
post #106 of 345

OMG icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif PRETTYCAKES AND KHALSTEAD!!!

im having to read this thread out of order bcause im in n out of the kitchen and havent managed one n there yet but when i saw those cakes my jaw dropped!! amazing !!!! you amke me want to create something to!! thumbs_up.gif

debbie2881 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 9:12pm
post #107 of 345

tabs8774 your cheetah is great, i cant believe thats a cake. My hubby's name is Michael and i told him if we have a daughter we can name her michaela and he thinks i'm crazy. I just refused to name 1 of my boys michael because i didnt want to have a Jr. Your daughters name is really cute.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 9:27pm
post #108 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie2881

leily what are your roses made of? they came out beautiful.

Thanks! My roses are Buttercream, Daisies are royal icing, Butterflies are colorflow wings with Royal Icing bodies on Memory wire from the bead section.

I had so much fun doing this cake. I had wanted to try so many things on this cake and this was a perfect excuse to! And when things didn't quite turn out like planned it was ok b/c it was for me!

Leily

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 10:26pm
post #109 of 345

Tabs8774, I love your bassinet cake. It's soooo pretty!!

Sugarfrosted, you are way to hard on yourself! Your artwork is amazing. I really love how it looks. How in the heck do you just freehand all those animals?

Misseyek, your tea party cake is so adorable. I just love that idea and you did such a great job on it!

Here's a couple of my favorites. It's so hard to pick just ONE!

Courtney
LL
LL

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 10:32pm
post #110 of 345

Wow HOW Did you do that? I never understand how people do those 3-D cakes with heads & stuff.... I can understand the basic structure of some, but that dinosaur - that's totally beyond me! And that dragon is the perfect mix between realistic & cute!

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 10:52pm
post #111 of 345

Thanks for the nice comments! Well, there is a large central dowel that is screwed onto the bottom board and then there is a plywood board that's in the middle of the head that is screwed onto the top of the central dowel. The top part of the head is cake and the underside is foil hot glue gunned on and covered with fondant. I have since learned that you can use styrofoam for stuff like that and it's easy to carve. icon_biggrin.gif I try to use as much cake as possible in all my sculpted cakes.

Courtney

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:08am
post #112 of 345

EVERYONE:

Great jobs! The kids (4,6,7) made lots of comments, saying

"Hey! That's DASH!"
"That's not a cake... it's a baby basket"
We can make that for Daddy!"
"Can we get that cake?"

I just want to be that good! Practice, I guess.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:10am
post #113 of 345

i love this post!! i will have dh upload my favorite cake tomorrow for me.

keep posting those awsome cakes!!

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:34am
post #114 of 345

WOW!!! I am amazed by all the wonderful cakes and how long this thread got so quickly.

Here is my newest favorite.

This was my first time making a fondant figurine. It is a full sheet cake for a graduate whose passion is crew rowing. She was just accepted to Ohio University and will be on their rowing team. My boss had commissioned this cake and was completely floored when I delivered it.

I kept finding my boss and coworkere hovering over the cake all day at work.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

tabs8774 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 6:51am
post #115 of 345
Quote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tabs8774 your cheetah is great, i cant believe thats a cake. My hubby's name is Michael and i told him if we have a daughter we can name her michaela and he thinks i'm crazy. I just refused to name 1 of my boys michael because i didnt want to have a Jr. Your daughters name is really cute.

thank you mamacc and debbie my cakes are nothing compared to some on this site though.
debbie- i also did not want a jr for my sons name so we compromised when he was borna nd made him a II instead. but his older sisters name is michaela(mi-kayla) we call him michael and their dads mike!!! not ever confusing at all!!! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gif i also like her name though it is very hard to find anything personalized for her.

these cakes are AWESOME i hope it gets as many posts as the worst cake thread!!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:10am
post #116 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

Misseyek, your tea party cake is so adorable. I just love that idea and you did such a great job on it!

Thanks Courtney! And you know how much I LOVE that dragon cake of yours...one dayI will do one!! icon_biggrin.gif

debbie2881 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 1:46pm
post #117 of 345

tabs8774 i bet that doesnt get confusing. My bro's name is mark and i always call my hubby mark or my bro mike. I cant even get that straight so having a son named michael would drive me nuts. besides 1 is enough!. LoL. My 1st child has my hubbys middle name as his middle and my second has my dads middle as his middle and their name is Ryan & Aryn 1st names.

tabs8774 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:23pm
post #118 of 345

debbie--yea, we call our daughter chaela(kayla) to help relieve some of the craziness but im always calling my dh MICHAEL (he always thinks hes in trouble when i do this icon_lol.gif ) and my son MIKE(oppisite of what im supposed to call them)

i keep checking on this thread for more of everyones fave and noone alse is posting!!

bumpity bump!! icon_wink.gif

Karenelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenelli Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:26pm
post #119 of 345

Tabs,
I'd love to post my picture but I can't seem to attach it. Please check out my photos and my favorite is the white 2 tier with lace points and corneilli. At least it is my favorite today.

Karen

gegon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gegon Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:51pm
post #120 of 345

Thanks debbie2881 for your comment on my cakes...I still feel like I have a lot to learn and will keep on aiming to it. All cakes on this thread are wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%