Egg Alergy: Bc Daisies?

Decorating By stampingsam Updated 26 Jun 2006 , 3:57pm by sectheatre

stampingsam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampingsam Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 12:17am
post #1 of 7

Hi,

My sister-in-law is alergic to eggs but her favorite flower is the daisy. Has anyone tried doing these with buttercream instead of royal? Is my only option fondant or gumpaste?

Thanks!
Sam

6 replies
DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 12:19am
post #2 of 7

Sure I've done them in BC. You have to let them dry, make sure all the "parts" touch each other, and then be REALLY careful when removing them from the wax paper - use flower lifters. But it can be done!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:10am
post #3 of 7

You can make royal icing without using eggs in it. Might be easier to do than buttercream. I have also made them out of MMF and was very pleased with the results.

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 5:23am
post #4 of 7

Can you make them in royal icing and then just warn her not to eat the flowers? Or would even them touching the cake be a bad idea?

Please forgive me for my ignorance, I don't know anyone with a food alergy to know how these kinds of things work.

flytrap77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flytrap77 Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 5:38am
post #5 of 7

I would go for the MMF idea. It would be alot more forgiving than BC.

Kat

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 12:46pm
post #6 of 7

you can pipe them in buttercream right on the cake. You just have to practice a bit.

sectheatre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sectheatre Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 7

I also have a severe egg allergy but I've never had an issue with royal flowers being on a cake. You don't normally eat the royal flowers anyway.

Of course I'd hate for you to do this and have someone get sick, but it might be worth asking. It's just fine for me.

I've made daisies with BC, but it was a big pain. Royal is so much easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%