What's Your Ringtone?

Lounge By mendhigurl Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 4:12pm by ccr03

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 11:26am
post #1 of 50

I just got a new cell phone and was looking for a cool ringtone...so I thought it would be fun to see what you guys all had as your ringone.

Mine right now is the Knight Rider Theme song, because my brother was playing around with my phone and installed it for me...will be changing soon though icon_razz.gif

49 replies
lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 11:38am
post #2 of 50

I am clearly the only person in the world who does NOT own a cell phone. But if I did, I would have something by Eric Clapton as my ringtone. I can say this with full confidence because all my friends have classical music as their ringtones and it just cracks me up. It's not like I visit them and they've got Beethoven or Mozart playing! True, I love classical music but I think a ringtone should reflect what is cool to you.

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 50

Mines the theme song from The A-Team, I REALLY wanted the Dukes of Hazzard, but my phone company dosent' offer it :0( I'm an eighties girl......:0)

nalyjuan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nalyjuan Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 50

I have Hips Don't Lie by Shakira....I LOVE that song...and it always makes me want to dance.

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 50

Mine is "Copacabana", my soon to be 4 yr.old DD starts dancing and singing everytime my phone rings. It's a nice, happy song.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 50

I don't have a cell phone, but there's a news personnality here in Quebec, that has the "old ring phone tone" you know like those phones that did like a drrrrrrrrrrrring sound? I thought it was funny, Once it rang during the news hour, he forgot to close it.

Lorris

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 50

My basic ring tone is the entertainer. By BF has a different one... i forget which mozart song. Then my parents have another one that my Dad picked out... i don't remember what it is atm.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 7:44pm
post #8 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalyjuan

I have Hips Don't Lie by Shakira....I LOVE that song...and it always makes me want to dance.

I LOVE THIS SONG TOO--I REALLY THINK IT'S THE BEAT I LIKE SO MUCH--BUT DH DIDN'T THINK IT WAS APPROPRIATE FOR ME TO USE AS A RINGTONE, I GUESS I'M TO OLD (BULLCR*P) OR HE'S JUST TO CONSERVATIVE....YEAH RIGHT

SO AS OF RIGHT NOW I DON'T HAVE A RINGTONE,OTHER THAN WHAT CAME W/THE NEW PHONE

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 7:55pm
post #9 of 50

I love playng with ringtones i change mine all the time. i had teh shakira one about a month ago i love sean paul's music so i have the answer tone of his song which is when you call me you hear his song temperature instead of the normal ring. right now i have a rkelly sean paul akon remix but that will change soon.

daltonam Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 8:07pm
post #10 of 50

i guess i'm going to nextel.com to find me a ring tone

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 1:34am
post #11 of 50

My DH has a different ring tone for when different people call. For the general public call it is his favorite football teams fight song, but when I call it is the muppets MA NA MA NA song.MA NA MA NA DO DO BE DO BE MA NA MA NA DO DO BE DO!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 1:42am
post #12 of 50

NEW that's funny! I am too cheap to pay per usage so I just use the crap that's on the crappy cell. I have When the Saints Go Marching In, which I like. My daughter likes zydeco so it kinda fits in with her, she dances when she hears it.

daltonam Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:04am
post #13 of 50

I FINALLY GOT ONE & I GOT HIPS DON'T LIE <STICKING MY TONGUE OUT AT DH>---NAH, IT'S GONNA BE MY RINGTONE FOR HIM ONLY--"OH BABY WHEN YOU TALK LIKE THAT...." IT DOESN'T PLAY MUCH OF THE SONG (WORDS) BUT I THINK IT'S JUST RIGHT...NOW I GOTTA FIND ONE FOR THE REST OF THEM

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:15am
post #14 of 50

I have a recording of one of my sons doing the BRRRRRRRRRRING, BRRRRRRRRING, a la Dangeresque from Home Star Runner's Strong Bad Emails. My Friend has the James Bond Theme, and Bodaisy, My husband has one that is the car horn from Dukes of Hazard.

My husband also has these license plates that you can customize with names for caller ID--like my avatar which he made. If you have a sprint phone you can make your own at
http://www.fon-tagz.com/ --It's free. Might work for nextel too.

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:56am
post #15 of 50

Mine is "1985" by Bowling for Soup.... I'm an 80's music fan!

Smoochiefrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smoochiefrog Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 4:25am
post #16 of 50

I have different tones for different people. For my family, it's the Pink Panther theme song. For the dance studio, it's One Thing by Amerie. For my ex-h, it's some stupid tone that came with the phone. For work, it's the Smurf song. For friends, it's the "tease" song na na na na na na. I'm waiting for the Star Wars Imperial March to come available for my phone to use for my dh. He loves that song.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 5:19am
post #17 of 50

Theme song from SCOOBY DOO! icon_biggrin.gif It makes me smile every time I hear it. My 13 yr old DD wants the earth to open and swallow her when it plays, which is all the more reason to keep it!

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 12:06pm
post #18 of 50

I have different ring tones for when different people call me. My son and my nephew having a farting sound, my husband is our song (You Light Up My Life) & etc. I can't remember all the other ones.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 1:22pm
post #19 of 50

I have Abba's 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' real tone (the song actually being sung by Abba - I love it!)

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 2:34pm
post #20 of 50

You all have really made me laugh at this forum. I was tring to sound out the ring tones. icon_lol.gif

Anyway I have the Hungairan Dance for everyone except my sister. She is Asian Jingle (cause its silly like she is). She called me while I was in Walmart & this manwho is Asian, that worked there, herd my phone ring & he said, "I thought I was back home that was just your phone". He was laughing icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif so hard & I was too.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:29pm
post #21 of 50

I have "drop it like it's hot" (Snoop Dog), "back at one" (bryan mcknight) "over and over" (Nelly and Tim Mcgraw) and of course there are those that came with the phone...... havent found the right one yet....besides I don't want to Buy 'em so I dont have choice but to get the free ones....

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:31pm
post #22 of 50

May I join? I have a bunch of ring (music) tones. Ones for different family members and some just to have! icon_lol.gif Let's see, my main ring tone is Reach Up for the Sunrise by Duran Duran. Others include: What Happens Tomorrow by Duran Duran; My Humps, Shut Up and Let's Get it Started by Black Eyed Peas; These Words by Natasha Bedingfield, Feel Good Inc. by The Gorillaz; and Ride the Pain by Juliet. I also have Ordinary World by Duran Duran for my answer tone--so a neat little thing for callers to hear instead of the basic ring while they are witing for me to pick up.

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 9:51pm
post #23 of 50

My ringtone sounds like a bumble bee. icon_biggrin.gif That was the only cool ring U.S Cellular offered on the phone. I would really like to download a ringtone on it. I would either get the song Boondocks by Little Big Town, the Dukes of Hazzard theme song, the horn on the general lee, or the song Life is A Highway from Cars. (sung by rascal flatts)

My sister's ring for her husband is "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" By Big and Rich. icon_cool.gif

Jami

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 8:57am
post #24 of 50

My ringtone is "I come from the Land DownUnder" by Men at Work.
Guess I am a true Aussie, better go throw another shrimp on the barbie! icon_lol.gif

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:29am
post #25 of 50

So yeah, it's been 4 years and I'm bringing back to life this thread. LOL

We got new phones finally a few months ago. (had the old ones like for 5+ years. My phone is the Samsung Gloss....and my favorite ringers are Moondance by Michael Buble, Starstruck by Lady GaGa, The Stargate Atlantis Theme, and Stand by Rascal Flatts.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:32am
post #26 of 50

good grief, 4yrs..... glad i can join in

my ring tone is good old fashion ring ring sound from a classic phone.. i like it, it makes me happy

my hubbys ring tone for when i phone him from home, work or mobiles is this, you can press the play button to hear it: http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/99301-3-unknown-warning_its_the_wife

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:43am
post #27 of 50

I tried using different songs as my ring tone but the problem was I never realized my phone was ringing, I always thought it was the radio or t.v. icon_lol.gif

So now I just use the good old fashioned brrrinnngg brrrinnngg telephone ring! icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:44am
post #28 of 50

Wow, this is an old thread icon_biggrin.gif

For anyone who is still paying for ringtones, if your phone has a cord to connect to the computer and a memory card, you can put whatever you want on there for free.

Right now I have Chillin by Wale when my husband calls and Let it Rock for everyone else.

I used to have "I wanna talk about me" for DH calling and "Whole lotta Rosie" for my sister (named Rosie) but they were getting offended by it so I changed it.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:49am
post #29 of 50

I was wondering why I didn't know any of these people posting being that they were all forum superstars and what not... then I realized this post is like, 4 years old icon_lol.gif

I used to have a ton of ring tones, but I recently got a new phone so now I have "Note to Self" as my main ring tone. "Blue and Yellow" is my alarm clock. And of course, I have the "Halloween" (the movie) theme song for the end of September/entire month of October. icon_biggrin.gif

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:51am
post #30 of 50

My girlfriend has a funny one. She has the "worst ringtone" from Geico...you know the RingadingdingDo one? You can get it free from their website.

My ringtone is a regular ring with Minnie Mouse telling me I better get it because it might be Mickey calling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%