Any Swimming Pool Cakes Out There ?

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 29 May 2007 , 3:01pm by ashley87

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 21 May 2007 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 21

I keep trying to look up some cakes for a swimming pool idea. But I can't get the pictures to show.

So if anybody has any pool cakes could you please reply so I can see your cakes. If they won't upload, I'll just check out your pics. Just let me know.

Also if anyone has any ideas, I am trying to do a swimming pool/laua party for my daughter she is going to be 4.

We have a pool, so I thought it would be neat to have everyone here, to go swimming. So if you can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

20 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 21 May 2007 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 21

I have one in my pics...Hope it helps!

rittenhouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rittenhouse Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:16am
post #3 of 21

I hope that you find a pool picture to help you. You know that you can make it look like water by using the gels. Anyway...you mentioned the laua and I did a plumeria cake recently. You can check it out. The plumeria flowers were all individual, so I was thinking that you could take a thick sewing needle and thread them like a lei.

Good luck!
Suzanne

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 22 May 2007 , 6:15am
post #4 of 21

Here is a link to a previous post about swimming pool cakes... there are several pictures inbedded in the post. Hope this helps!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-253371-swimming.html+pool

nickir0108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickir0108 Posted 22 May 2007 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 21

I have a pool cake in my photos. I used the gel stuff for the water and it tasted AWFUL!!!! Hope this helps!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 May 2007 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 21

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_460663.html

I thought this one was too cute!!

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 22 May 2007 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 21

I have a photo in my photo album. I had some leftover cake from the cash register cake I made so I went ahead used them for the swimming cake (1 8x2" round and part of a 9x13" cake).

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:54pm
post #8 of 21

I haven't uploaded my pool cake yet so sorry I can't give you a pic. But I didn't have any piping gel so I made Blue Raspberry Jello, let it set then spooned it ontop of the cake... looked like real water with waves and all. Good Luck.

nickir0108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickir0108 Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:07pm
post #9 of 21

blue rasberry jello? hmmmmm what a great idea. I just love all the stuff I'm learning from all of you great people.

brightbrats Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:38pm
post #10 of 21

Alot of great ideas and pics. Keep them coming. thumbs_up.gif

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:33am
post #11 of 21

wow..i really love this site!!!! i myself have a pool party cake to do in june and could not find anything....now i have some great ideas!!! and i was going to use piping jel, however i am sooooo using blue jello...one question though...would'nt the jello make the cake soggy and would the blue color run?????

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:03am
post #12 of 21

I too have a pool party cake next weekend. It is a combined party for three boys. I plan on usuing my Wilton 3 Tier party stands and will make one cake for each boy and then connect them with "water slides".

We shall see how it turns out!

Good luck to all of you!!!!

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:10am
post #13 of 21

good luck on that cake...i was just showing that to the customer today...but it was not quite what she was looking for...make sure you post pics whaen your done..i would have really like to have tried that one!!!

babydbones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babydbones Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:43am
post #14 of 21

here's one i did for my son's 3rd bday

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_558023.html

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:43am
post #15 of 21

Try this link: http://www.womansday.com/gallery.aspx?section_id=82&webtrends_section=recipes&article_id=10391§ion_prefix=recipes&window_id=1&gallery_id=29&page_number=1&seq=1

If that doesn't work...go to www.womansday.com and click on Cooking, then go to bottom of the page, near the center you will see "silly cakes." Click on that for the gallery. They have pool, lake, beach cakes. You could draw some ideas from them. Good Luck!

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:47am
post #16 of 21

I did the blue jello in my last Father's Day cake (in photos) and it wasn't soggy. Here is a link to a cake that uses the jello:

http://www.womansday.com/recipes/11685/tropical-pool-cake.html?pl=

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 25 May 2007 , 10:03pm
post #17 of 21

I made my pool cake using 2 half sheet cake pans... bottom layer, then on the top layer, I cut a rectangle out and put it on the bottom layer. I lined my 'pool' with wax paper before I filled it with the jello, just to keep it from sliding around and leaking out. I used split sugar wafers for the decking, and chiclets for the tiles around the pool. Various candies became beach balls, rafts, towels and I put bikinis and trunks on teddy grahams . It was a hit!

agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:02pm
post #18 of 21

Here is one I did.
LL

brightbrats Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:35pm
post #19 of 21

These cakes are great. I don't need mine till July, but I have alot of great ideas now.

One question how did you guys make the lawn chairs, they are so cute ?

agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:42pm
post #20 of 21

I went to a hobby store and bought a kit. You got the chair, ball, tube, and shoes. Also included in the kit was some shells and sand but I just threw them out. All for $10. I charged for it in the price of the cake but gave the woman the option to return them for a refund. She choose to keep them.

ashley87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley87 Posted 29 May 2007 , 3:01pm
post #21 of 21

another idea for making the icing look more like water, i have put on my blue buttercream, and then had a cup of water and used a wet spautla to smooth the icing. I then just used the water and spatula to add some water and I thought it turned out well. Its the fishing pond cake in my pictures. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%