1St Birthday Miracle Ideas?

Decorating By Eliruthy Updated 23 Jun 2006 , 7:58pm by shebaben

Eliruthy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliruthy Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:31am
post #1 of 12

But, i was wondering if anyone had any photos of a first birthday cake i could get some ideas from. My daughter is turning one on July 29 and she is truly a miracle and we are very lucky that we both survived!!! I want a super special cake, no theme per say, just something that makes a statement----MIRACLE. THANKS!

11 replies
kellieskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellieskakes Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:35am
post #2 of 12

have you looked in the gallery?? You can search for first birthday cakes and there are sooooooo many wonderful cakes here, hopefully you can get some ideas........

Eliruthy Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:43am
post #3 of 12

Yeah, i've looked a bit. I was hoping maybe someone has seen one that would be PERFECT and help me out icon_lol.gif

partsgirl25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partsgirl25 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:45am
post #4 of 12

I just sent you a pm with a picture I found on the internet.. hope it helps

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:55am
post #5 of 12

Huh...my mind is also blanking. You could do a gift box...I always tell my kids that they are a gift from God...you could snazz that up some way...

Eliruthy Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:58am
post #6 of 12

Hmm. Thats a good idea. I'm trying to decide if I should make it (I suck!) or let this woman who makes cakes for the family do it........I don't know how skilled she is for sure-----i've only seen sheet cakes but i know she does wedding cakes too.........

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:12am
post #7 of 12

Maybe an angel?

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:20am
post #8 of 12

For a baby shower for a girl that wasn't supposed to have any more babies, I did a spice cake w/cream cheese icing (so it was an ivory color) with light pink borders and wrote "Twinkle, Twinkle, little star...what a gift from God you are!" and decorated it with a few cut-out star cookies iced in light yellow - simple but it made a big statement and everyone loved it.

You can't see it very clearly, but here is a pic of it.
LL

Eliruthy Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 1:40pm
post #9 of 12

SHE LOVES THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif I might take this idea and RUN with it!!!!!! THANKS!

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:42pm
post #10 of 12

This is what I have done for a couple of friends who had miracle baby girls. No pics though sorry. Hope it helps.

"Princesses and ribbons and bows,
Now my little miracle grows,
Come one, come all
to join us as we celebrate _____ miraculous day."
were printed on castle shaped paper with a fairy tale themed party. Either a princess or castle cake with a princess hat with ribbons and bows for the party girl. Party favors were magic hats filled with bubbles, candy, and stickers.

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:11pm
post #11 of 12

I'm glad to help, let us know how it turns out & post a pic when it's all done!

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 7:58pm
post #12 of 12

O, YellowButterfly - I LOVE the "twinkle" cake idea!!!! If it's OK, I'm saving it to use for a cake for our daughter's baby shower in October. You're SO creative! Thanks - PAT

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%