Is White Almond Sourcream Cake A Suitable Choice??

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 22 Jun 2006 , 6:48pm by divaricks

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 11

Is white almond sourcream cake a suitable choice for a childs 2 year birthday cake? I know children can be picky eaters.

10 replies
TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 11

Probably not...You could always omit the almond flavoring. It makes a delicious white cake too!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 11

I made it recently. It is good, but very dense (good for stacking). It wasnt the moistest cake I have ever made, but I suspect a 2 year old wouldnt have any trouble eating it icon_biggrin.gif I guess I'd say it wasnt my favorite cake I have ever made, but decent. i might have a different recipe than others though.

diamondsmom Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 11

do you think that 2 year olds and a little bit older would enjoy it?

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 11

My family (including my 3 1/2 and 5 year old boys) all ate it-no complaints. I didnt really think it tasted particularly almondy (is that a work lol) It really just tasted like a dense white cake to me. Like I said, I prefer other recipes, but I dont think anyone would complain...

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 11

When I make it is is dense but very moist. i usually leave the almond in it and everyone loves it but it is good without it too.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 11

That is my most requested cake flavor here - everyone loves it - and no it does not have a real pronounced almond flavor. I think it would be fine for a 2 year old birthday.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 5:34pm
post #8 of 11

I am with tami...I would omit the almond

bekahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahd Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 11

I haven't seen your recipe, but would you use real almond extract or imitation? I ask because I doubt the flavor would be a problem, but some parents of children that young are still concerned about nut allergies. I don't know if anyone is ever allergic to whatever is in the extract, but I'd hate for little Suzy to be upset because her mom doesn't want her eating anything made with nuts.

But hey, if you've already made your layers, and this post convinces you not to use them, feel free to send them to me... icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, all the best,
Bekah

diamondsmom Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 11

Sure Bekahd. icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif . that's funny i'm laughing hesterically here. thanks everyone for all your input.

divaricks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaricks Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 6:48pm
post #11 of 11

I used the white almond sour cream cake for my daughter's first birthday cake (check out the pics in my profile) last weekend and she loved it!

Mine always comes out moist and even my picky husband who doesn't like cake, loves that kind!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%