Bunch Flowers??????????

Decorating By mommacakes Updated 21 Jun 2006 , 2:33pm by mommacakes

mommacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 13

Ok I must be completly stupid. icon_redface.gif I am trying to bunch hydrangea blossoms on a wire and trying to get the circular look... like a bunch of hydrangeas are suppose to look.

HOw do I go about this? Is there some trick into bunching hydrangeas? Please help me so my flowers don't look like crap on a wedding cake!!

Mandy
LL

12 replies
LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 13

Are your wires thin and flexible to add onto a main wire

mommacakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 13

YEs I have white cotton flower wires attached to the blossoms and tried arranging wrapped around each other as I arrange but it is looking like crap...

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 13

Are they wires or thread therefore you cannot position

mommacakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 13

They are wires ...... I just did not think they were hard to make em look like a full hydrangea. Of course I think I am just having a blonde moment and can't figure it out! LOL!

mommacakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 13

Do I need some kind of foam that the flowers will attach to and then stick that in the cake?

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:12pm
post #7 of 13

can you try using a circlular foam ball, and inserting the wires into that?

mommacakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 13

I actually have some foam balls around this house somewhere so I will go give that a try! Hopefully it works it should not be this hard to make flowers bunch together!!!!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 13

first of all step back and BREATHE!!!...I know you have been working on flowers for this cake for days now ...and that it is for saturday.You still have plenty of time.. I,ll bet the bunches look better than you think. Sometimes when you are so deep in a project and stressing things look worse than they are. Can you take a pic of one of your bunches and post it? Then if we have any tips we can see what you have done? as far as attaching to the cake..are they going on top...or sides? between tiers?

mommacakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:25pm
post #10 of 13

I will try to post what I have done so far but give me a few minutes. The five smaller ones are going around the bottom of the cake and there is one that is going on top of the second tier underneath a column of the first cake...... does that make sense?

Now this is my first time making gumpaste flowers so please don't laugh!!! icon_smile.gif This is for family so I knew it did not have to be perfected!

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:26pm
post #11 of 13

Have you tried layering them..Make a small bundle for the top then make the next row a little shorter, the next row even shorter. Just keep layering them until you get it the size you need. That's how I did it when I made some hydrangeas.

Hope this helps.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:28pm
post #12 of 13

good description tami...i was trying to think how to put it

mommacakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 2:33pm
post #13 of 13

Ok thank you I will give that a try. I am totally bummed. For some reason my camera won't work to take a picture. If I get it to work some time today I will show you the pics.... I have changed the battery and everything.. Anyway, thank you gals so much. I am so grateful for all of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%