Open Gumpaste Seashell

Decorating By moptop Updated 19 May 2007 , 5:40am by moptop

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:58am
post #1 of 3

I'm going to be doing a sea/ocean themed cake for my best friend's baby shower and want to scatter some open seashells made out of gumpaste around the edges and possibly have one large one, semi-open on top.

How would you go about making these shells? (shell = clam shell shape) I'm trying to think of the best way to go about getting the ripples..... perhaps use a brioche pan?

I'm open to any and all suggestions... Many thanks in advance!

2 replies
sugarberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarberry Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:12am
post #2 of 3

what I did for my shells was i took my gumpaste rolled thin and pressed it on the shell, (well greased, so it comes off). i took it and formed it then truned it inside out. almost like a stamp, pressed on shell then turned out like i had made it. that is if you have any shells that can be used.

hope this helps, i have a picture with a hawiian theme and there are the shells in purple..

Cathy

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:40am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarberry

what I did for my shells was i took my gumpaste rolled thin and pressed it on the shell, (well greased, so it comes off). i took it and formed it then truned it inside out. almost like a stamp, pressed on shell then turned out like i had made it. that is if you have any shells that can be used.

hope this helps, i have a picture with a hawiian theme and there are the shells in purple..

Cathy

thanks Cathy.... that sounds like a good option...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%