How Long Does Mmf Stay Sealed In The Fridge?

Decorating By movingritealong Updated 21 May 2007 , 1:44am by movingritealong

movingritealong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
movingritealong Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:26am
post #1 of 5

I'm SURE this has been covered, but I tried a search and at 11:30 pm, I don't want to read through 232 pages of results! icon_confused.gif

So...how long does MMF stay viable when sealed in the fridge?

TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:06am
post #2 of 5

MMF does not need to go into the fridge, better if you keep it out of the fridge actually=) All you need to do is put a layer of crisco on the outside of the MMF, wrap it in suran(plastic) wrap, then put into a zip loc bag with all the air taken out of it. Then just leave it out in a cool/dry place(in cupboard/pantry). That is how most CC members store their fondant. I personally go one step further and put the MMF into a tupperware container, after putting it into the zip loc baggie. If you have one of those food savers, that works really well for storing fondant, because it gets all the air out. HTH some, Jen

movingritealong Posted 20 May 2007 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 5

icon_lol.gif I'm such a dork! icon_smile.gif Thanks. I brought it out last night, guess I'll see if it works. otherwise off to the store for more 'shmallows! (Trying my first purse cake.)

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 20 May 2007 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 5

Don't worry, we have all thought that at one point=) Take it out and let it come to room temp before working with it. If it still seems stiff, you can nuke it in the microwave for a few seconds at a time(5 seconds) to soften it. Make sure to be careful of "hotspots", the center likes to get hot first and can cause serious burns. Also to get it more workable/pliable, you can work in some crisco as you are doing the nuking/kneading. That should help your MMF become more pliable=) Jen

movingritealong Posted 21 May 2007 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

Thanks again! Much appreciated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%