Always Wonder How To Handle Leftover Heavy Cream And Things?

Decorating By GHOST_USER_NAME Updated 2 Aug 2005 , 6:17pm by MrsMissey

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 11 Nov 2004 , 12:43am
post #1 of 2

I just read this on the Pillsbury website (by the way, they've got some good coupons there right now).

I thought that this would be a good idea for many of our caking left overs. Many times I'll buy buttermilk or heavy cream for a cake and have lots left over. Then you freeze the whole container and you have to thaw the whole container and that's that and you still have lots left over.

Well, here is a good idea:

Quote:
Quote:

When you open a can of chicken broth, freeze the remainder in an ice-cube tray. Empty the broth cubes into a freezer bag; store in the freezer and use one or two at a time as a low-fat alternative to sauté veggies, fish or chicken.

This would making thawing a small portion out so much easier. Measure out 1 recipe's portion and freeze it in a container that will easily release (Glad Ware would work, I believe). After it is frozen, dump it all into a freezer baggie and wa-la!! No more expensive waste and you're already measured out!! icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 2

..this is an old post but very good info. I thought I would bump it back up since there are so many new members!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%