Help Please. I Have An Egg Question

Baking By charlieinMO Updated 21 May 2005 , 3:49am by ntertayneme

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 19 May 2005 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone. I have a question about a cake mix that I am using. It is the Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe White (it says new on the box but don't know if it is to you all or not)

It calls for 1 1/4 cup water, 1 stick butter and 3 egg whites. It says you can use the whole eggs if you want to. This is going to be a 12 x 18 cake for a graduation. Can anyone tell me what the difference in the cake will be if I use the the egg whites or the whole egg? I know this may be a silly question but just want to do it the best way as this is for a new customer. Thanks for anyones help or suggestions!!

Charlotte

4 replies
cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 19 May 2005 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 5

I dont think that you will notice much as far as taste. The yolk will add more fat to the cake but it will change the color a bit. so if you are looking for a true white cake dont use them, but if doesnt matter go ahead.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 19 May 2005 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 5

Everybody loves more fat right??? icon_lol.gif Thank you so much for responding. I don't think she really cares how white it is so I will give it a shot. Thanks again.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 May 2005 , 3:46am
post #4 of 5

I know I'm a little late with this, but for a 12 x 18 cake I use two cake mixes. veejay

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 21 May 2005 , 3:49am
post #5 of 5

I use 3 cake mixes for my 12 X 18 pan .. I just use regular cake mixes (no other added ingredients).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%