Recipe,does Anyone Knows Bavarian Recipe???

Baking By nejiad Updated 19 May 2005 , 11:17pm by nejiad

 nejiad  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 19 May 2005 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 16

I WANT TO TRIED IT.PLEASE?? icon_cry.gif

15 replies
 missjane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 16
 briansbaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 16

Is this an icing or a filling?

 missjane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 16

Its a fillingicon_smile.gif

 briansbaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 16

hmm.. You think it really has a different taste from any other vanilla filling. I want to try some different cakes come fathers day.. I want someone to say wow I have never had that before..My first pick will be the chocolate explosion, now this one sounds good. I suppose whipped cream icing would be the best for this cake..What cake flavor would you recommend?

 momof3jotynjake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane

I use this oneicon_smile.gif
http://www.frenchpastrychef.com/pastry/1205bavairan.shtml




AFTER YOU FILL IT. is it ok to sit in the fridge?

 missjane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 16

This is how I use Bavarian Creamicon_smile.gif I make a white cake and then fill it with a layer of vanilla Bavarian Cream and a layer white cake then a layer of Chocolate Bavarian Cream. I also use simple syrup to moisten the layers and may even add a touch of liquoricon_smile.gif Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..

This cake of cake/ filling combination is common is Australia within the European communities and its one of my favorite combinations!


To me, Bavarian cream tastes like the filling in a Boston Cream pie but not as gooey!icon_smile.gif

 missjane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

AFTER YOU FILL IT. is it ok to sit in the fridge?




Yes, I would fill the cake first then refrigerate as the gelatine will need to help it seticon_smile.gif

 cakegal  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..




What is Swiss Buttercream...mmmmmmm...sounds heavenly...
TIA
cakegal

 missjane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 16

[/quote]

What is Swiss Buttercream...mmmmmmm...sounds heavenly...
TIA
cakegal[/quote]

Here is a link for youicon_smile.gif http://www.baking911.com/recipes/cakes/frosting_btrcrmswiss.htm

Its basically a butter, eggwhite and sugar icon_smile.gif

 Lisa  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:26pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane

This is how I use Bavarian Creamicon_smile.gif I make a white cake and then fill it with a layer of vanilla Bavarian Cream and a layer white cake then a layer of Chocolate Bavarian Cream. I also use simple syrup to moisten the layers and may even add a touch of liquoricon_smile.gif Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..

This cake of cake/ filling combination is common is Australia within the European communities and its one of my favorite combinations!


To me, Bavarian cream tastes like the filling in a Boston Cream pie but not as gooey!icon_smile.gif




That sounds really, really delicious! I love bavarian cream. I've been using Gegon's recipe. Very similiar to the one you posted. What do you add to yours to make it chocolate?

 missjane  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:36pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Quote:


That sounds really, really delicious! I love bavarian cream. I've been using Gegon's recipe. Very similiar to the one you posted. What do you add to yours to make it chocolate?




I add about 1.2 teaspoon of chocolate essence and cocoa powder that I dissolve in some strong espresso coffeeicon_smile.gif Basically I just wing it and keep adding until I like the taste.

[/quote]

 magentaa23  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magentaa23 Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:38pm
post #13 of 16

a good idea for xmas time is make a gingerbread cake and fill it with eggnog bavarian cream.... simply add nutmeg and brandy to ur creamicon_smile.gif.. i make it every holiday season... mm mm mm

 Lisa  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:41pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane


I add about 1.2 teaspoon of chocolate essence and cocoa powder that I dissolve in some strong espresso coffeeicon_smile.gif Basically I just wing it and keep adding until I like the taste.




Thanks! I'll try it.

 Lisa  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:42pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by magentaa23

a good idea for xmas time is make a gingerbread cake and fill it with eggnog bavarian cream.... simply add nutmeg and brandy to ur creamicon_smile.gif.. i make it every holiday season... mm mm mm




That does sound good!

 nejiad  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 19 May 2005 , 11:17pm
post #16 of 16

thank you!!! thumbs_up.gif i will tried!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%