Recipe,does Anyone Knows Bavarian Recipe???

Baking By nejiad Updated 19 May 2005 , 11:17pm by nejiad

nejiad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 19 May 2005 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 16

I WANT TO TRIED IT.PLEASE?? icon_cry.gif

15 replies
missjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 16
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 16

Is this an icing or a filling?

missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 16

Its a fillingicon_smile.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 16

hmm.. You think it really has a different taste from any other vanilla filling. I want to try some different cakes come fathers day.. I want someone to say wow I have never had that before..My first pick will be the chocolate explosion, now this one sounds good. I suppose whipped cream icing would be the best for this cake..What cake flavor would you recommend?

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 19 May 2005 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane

I use this oneicon_smile.gif
http://www.frenchpastrychef.com/pastry/1205bavairan.shtml

AFTER YOU FILL IT. is it ok to sit in the fridge?

missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 16

This is how I use Bavarian Creamicon_smile.gif I make a white cake and then fill it with a layer of vanilla Bavarian Cream and a layer white cake then a layer of Chocolate Bavarian Cream. I also use simple syrup to moisten the layers and may even add a touch of liquoricon_smile.gif Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..

This cake of cake/ filling combination is common is Australia within the European communities and its one of my favorite combinations!

To me, Bavarian cream tastes like the filling in a Boston Cream pie but not as gooey!icon_smile.gif

missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

AFTER YOU FILL IT. is it ok to sit in the fridge?

Yes, I would fill the cake first then refrigerate as the gelatine will need to help it seticon_smile.gif

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..

What is Swiss Buttercream...mmmmmmm...sounds heavenly...
TIA
cakegal

missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 16

[/quote]

What is Swiss Buttercream...mmmmmmm...sounds heavenly...
TIA
cakegal[/quote]

Here is a link for youicon_smile.gif http://www.baking911.com/recipes/cakes/frosting_btrcrmswiss.htm

Its basically a butter, eggwhite and sugar icon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:26pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:

This is how I use Bavarian Creamicon_smile.gif I make a white cake and then fill it with a layer of vanilla Bavarian Cream and a layer white cake then a layer of Chocolate Bavarian Cream. I also use simple syrup to moisten the layers and may even add a touch of liquoricon_smile.gif Then I will cover the whole cake with Swiss Buttercreamicon_smile.gif..

This cake of cake/ filling combination is common is Australia within the European communities and its one of my favorite combinations!

To me, Bavarian cream tastes like the filling in a Boston Cream pie but not as gooey!icon_smile.gif

That sounds really, really delicious! I love bavarian cream. I've been using Gegon's recipe. Very similiar to the one you posted. What do you add to yours to make it chocolate?

missjane Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:36pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

That sounds really, really delicious! I love bavarian cream. I've been using Gegon's recipe. Very similiar to the one you posted. What do you add to yours to make it chocolate?

I add about 1.2 teaspoon of chocolate essence and cocoa powder that I dissolve in some strong espresso coffeeicon_smile.gif Basically I just wing it and keep adding until I like the taste.

[/quote]

magentaa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magentaa23 Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:38pm
post #13 of 16

a good idea for xmas time is make a gingerbread cake and fill it with eggnog bavarian cream.... simply add nutmeg and brandy to ur creamicon_smile.gif.. i make it every holiday season... mm mm mm

Lisa Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:41pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:

I add about 1.2 teaspoon of chocolate essence and cocoa powder that I dissolve in some strong espresso coffeeicon_smile.gif Basically I just wing it and keep adding until I like the taste.

Thanks! I'll try it.

Lisa Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:42pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by magentaa23

a good idea for xmas time is make a gingerbread cake and fill it with eggnog bavarian cream.... simply add nutmeg and brandy to ur creamicon_smile.gif.. i make it every holiday season... mm mm mm

That does sound good!

nejiad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 19 May 2005 , 11:17pm
post #16 of 16

thank you!!! thumbs_up.gif i will tried!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%