'69 Camaro????

Decorating By wolfyjules Updated 23 Jun 2006 , 10:46pm by wolfyjules

wolfyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfyjules Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 10

[/b]OK I have this idea, however I am a little stuck in pulling it together. I need to make a '69 Camaro for a client. I have the 3D car pan, it just doesn't look like a Camaro or even ANY hot rod car shape. ANY ideas is how I can make a 3D '69 Camaro???

I thought maybe if I couldn't shape it too well, I could just decorate it to match a model. Still not sure on this idea either.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....my brain is overloading from obsessively thinking about this idea! LMAO!!!!

THANK YOU,
Jules @ 2 Unique Cakes

9 replies
janethorp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janethorp Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 3:39am
post #2 of 10

If you view my photos see the car I did as a buttercream transfer. I wrote MAX in the license plate area since that was his name and wrote 45 his age in it. Also, the new disney movie is about cars. It is called "cars" I wonder if that is what the party is about? Good luck!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 3:43am
post #3 of 10

Which 3D car pan do you have?

mamastacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamastacy Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 3:59am
post #4 of 10

dont know if this will help or not but i hope it will. and i cant wait to see what u come up with.
LL

wolfyjules Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 10

That car pic is kind of the idea I wanted to do in 3D.... just didn't want to have to carve so much into the cake. I think I might just go with a base shape and hand paint the details on with icing.

The pan that I have is Wilton 3D Cruiser pan. Looks more like a V-bug. I might use that as my base shape and then trim it to size and shape I guess.

The Disney's "CARS" is more for kids. This is for my hubby who is 40, even though I think he is a big kid. LMAO!

I am still working on and pondering the idea of MAYBE trying to shape the car best I can and then get different angles of the same car pic and MAYBE doing it mostly in edible images. I could do like the top view and the side door view and then fill in the rest with hand painting it.

Well, like I said its just a thought. BUT thank you ALL for your help and inputs, I appreciate all the help I can get. THat's what I LOVE about this website, lots of great minds and creativity bound to come up with something !!!!!!

SugarFrosted Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 10

This is the cake pan I hoped you have:

http://www.sportcakes.com/instructions.htm

Here is a picture of that same pan I have, so you can see its shape better:

http://www.sugarfrosted.com/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Car%20-%20Sleek%20Racer.JPG

It is a Nascar pan for which you can get edible images. It holds almost 2 cake mixes, a lot of firm (like pound cake) batter.
However, I have seen them on eBay as the pan by itself, tho not lately.

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

wolfyjules Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 6:35am
post #7 of 10

I fogot about that pan!!!!! That would be an awesome base! thumbs_up.gif

Here is a photo of what I want it to come out like.....hope this pictures shows up....
LL

SugarFrosted Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 6:46am
post #8 of 10

I have only ever done a 2D Camaro, a convertible. I saw the restored gorgeous car in person when I gave my client the cake. It was so beautiful, I'd be afraid to drive it. icon_surprised.gif

Here is my sad flat cake:

http://www.sugarfrosted.com/albums/adult/normal_1405-camaro.jpg

...I would love to see a picture of your cake when you are done!

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 12:38pm
post #9 of 10

Maybe this will guide you. Check link below.

http://sdbytracy.com/pic44.htm

wolfyjules Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 10:46pm
post #10 of 10

THANK YOU everyone for all your help.... I almost have it designed. I think I am going to go with as realistic look as I can.

Yea, Yea, I know, more work for myself. LOL!

I will post it when I have finished it... won't be for a coupe of weeks yet.

Oh and by the way, GREAT pic of that red car, looks almost like a newer Corvette.

THANKS AGAIN Everyone!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%