Help!! My Mmf Is Rock Hard!!

Decorating By morphiastar Updated 19 Jun 2006 , 5:49am by kelleym

morphiastar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphiastar Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 2:39am
post #1 of 7

i am making a fathers day cake. first time using mmf. i made it - perfect - then put it in the fridge to rest. now its hard as a rock and i need to color it and use it still. i won't be ready to roll it out until morning. so my question. will it soften if i leave it out? or do i need to make a new batch????

6 replies
morphiastar Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 3:56am
post #2 of 7

ok, i borrowed my neighbors microwave and softened it up...... i kneaded color into it then formed it into a disc so i can roll it out in the morning......

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 3:58am
post #3 of 7

I see you kind of answered your own question, but MMF doesn't need to be stored in the refrigerator, ever. Just let it rest at room temperature. If it gets too hard, microwave it until it's soft enough to knead (5-10 second increments) and coat your hands with crisco to knead it. The crisco makes it very pliable and easy to work with.

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 3:59am
post #4 of 7

That's the trick - the microwave! My microwave has never seen so much use since I started decorating with MMF!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 4:03am
post #5 of 7

You'll probably have to microwave it again in the morning when you go to use it!

morphiastar Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 5:38am
post #6 of 7

thanks for all your help.... i learned mmf doesn't need to go in the fridge. i rolled the mmf into a disc so i could roll it out easily this morning and it worked great, it stayed soft and pliable..... i posted a picture in the fathers day contest category.... the tropical cake.....

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 5:49am
post #7 of 7

Cute cake, you did a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%