Help!! Baby Bottle Cake

Decorating By danni711 Updated 18 May 2007 , 4:56pm by selahmycat

danni711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danni711 Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 6

Good afternoon evryone....I got a call this morning to do a cake for saturday(yup short notice!!) anywho,they would like a cake in the shape of a baby bottle done in blue for a boy...I have no clue as to where to even figure out how to get the shape i will need ...if anyone has any ideas please let me know!!I have searched the internet all morning since the call and have gotten nowhere!! Thanks everyone in advance.....

5 replies
alittlesliceofhaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alittlesliceofhaven Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have clipart in a program on your computer? Or if you have a drawing program (I use power point) you can draw your own then enlarge it to the sz you need on a copy machine if needed. I recently did this to make a #1 stencil.

You could look a baby sites to get the outline to blow up as well.

Good Luck!

selahmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selahmycat Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 6

Here is one I have done before (of course, this is not a picture of mine). I did mine in blue with the name on the side. It was really easy to do, and was a hit!

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/babyshower/megamilk.cfm

danni711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danni711 Posted 18 May 2007 , 2:20am
post #4 of 6

Thank you for the responses first off.....Can you tell me please SELAHMYCAT...how did you get the color for the nip[ple? I am trying to duplicate yours just in blue...(hope you dont mind) and the color of your nipple is perfect!!!Thanks for all your help all fellow cc members

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 18 May 2007 , 9:51am
post #5 of 6

Danni711, I have done that cake many times and the customers love it. For the nipple color, I tend to use the Americolor egg yellow, or Wilton golden yellow before I made the switch to americolor.

selahmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selahmycat Posted 18 May 2007 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 6

This was not a picture of the cake that I did. I was at work, and didn't have mine. This one is off of the Wilton site. I just used a touch of brown.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%