Lisa Posted 19 May 2005 , 1:38am
post #1 of

Commonly used abbreviations, acronyms and shorthand can be found here:
http://cakecentral.com/acronyms/

If you would like to submit a new acronym/abbreviation, or expand on an existing one, please post here:
http://cakecentral.com/acronyms/submit-an-acronym

198 replies
tcturtleshell Posted 19 May 2005 , 1:41am
post #2 of

I wanted to add MOG = Mother of Groom

LemonLyme Posted 19 May 2005 , 1:53am
post #3 of

Thanks for clearing up the acronyms.. Some I am very familiar with and some I wasn't quite clear on and was afraid to ask.
Lemon icon_redface.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 May 2005 , 5:21am
post #4 of

Hhmn, here is one you didn't post.
How about IMCCDO?
In My Conceited Cake Diva Opinion?
Haha, well, not everyone is humble!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

tanyascakes Posted 19 May 2005 , 5:28am
post #5 of

I also use LD=Luster Dust

nernan Posted 19 May 2005 , 6:29am
post #6 of

could someone please tell me what (as an example) 2tb is? Is it 2 tablespoons, thats what i'm thinking. Here we use tbls.
cheers

flayvurdfun Posted 19 May 2005 , 6:52am
post #7 of

Tbsp or tbsp is tablespoons
Tsp or tsp is teaspoons

nernan Posted 19 May 2005 , 7:23am
post #8 of

Cheers, not really with it today, wondering if i should try mmf recipe or not,just feels like one of those days.

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 19 May 2005 , 10:43am
post #9 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nernan

could someone please tell me what (as an example) 2tb is? Is it 2 tablespoons, thats what i'm thinking. Here we use tbls.
cheers

It's 2 Tablespoons. Also, I seen 2T (tablespoon) and 2t (teaspoon) used.

Joe

gotcake Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:59am

Oh....I thought when I mentioned DH I was talking about my dumb husband....(because I was) hummmm. icon_surprised.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:04am

Heehee, I like that even better! That is ok, on some sites it means Designated Husband, so I think you can still use DH and think Dumb Husband, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 21 May 2005 , 9:16am
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcake

Oh....I thought when I mentioned DH I was talking about my dumb husband....(because I was) hummmm. icon_surprised.gif

When I first saw DH posted on another site, that's what I thought it meant. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Joe

flayvurdfun Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 5:56am

Now Joe, DH wouldnt be used as dumb husband if your wife was talking about you I'm sure!
I seen WYB on another site...it meant wouldnt you believe it....

alracntna Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 11:27pm

could some one tell me how to make mmf and how to use mmf. you don't know how long i have been fighting to figure out what mmf was. thanks. icon_redface.gif

ntertayneme Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 11:38pm

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1949-22-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

MMF is in the recipe section .. it is wonderful!! I love the way it tastes, I love working with it icon_smile.gif

BigEasyCakes Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 6:41am

Thankx soo much Lisa.....I was gettin lost readin the posts.

Lisa Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 3:35am

You're welcome BigEasyCakes and everyone else too. We were all new here once. BTW...love your avatar!

MoonicaLeigh Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 2:19pm

Thanks so much for these! I had gotten a little confuddled!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 5:54am

Haha, just when you think you know them all, someone will come up with a new one. Hhhmn, the first time I saw FBCT is thought it stood for Frozen Butt Can't Talk! icon_wink.gif
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

eryka1842 Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 6:22am

might be a stupid question, but was does OT stand for?? i've thought and thought....just can't figure it out

SquirrellyCakes Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 2:31pm

OT is Off Topic.
Hugs Squirrely Cakes

Lisa Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 3:25pm

Thanks to you both...I'm adding OT to the list.

eryka1842 Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 8:31pm

Oohhh....duh!!

Nesmar Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 7:41pm

I find the list so helpful, myself being computer illiterate it really is a godsend, thank for doing that.
would like to ESBC to the list which is extra special buttercream. I posted the recipe on this site

tabs8774 Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 5:13pm

oh i definatelly recommend using mmf!! i loved it. it was my first time with it this wkend and i have to admit that i think i might have fallen in love. i was s excited b how easy it was to make- use and eat right off the cake!! o need peeling it off like store bought fondant. and tastes like circus peanuts....not cardboard.. haha not to even mention the money i saved by making it and not buying it..i saved about 16.oo for a dbl batch compared to a large box of wiltons fondant. icon_biggrin.gif

• could some one tell me how to make mmf and how to use mmf. you don't know how long i have been fighting to figure out what mmf was. thanks. [list=]
Moviechick00 Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 5:18pm

What about DW=Dear Wife and for alternative lifestyles what about LP=Life Partner? We cant leave anyone out. LOL Have a great day everyone. MC

MrsMissey Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 4:08pm

Since I am always lerking around the the "Unanswered Topic" section, I wanted to add the following:

OPBBTL = Old Post Brought Back To Life

I noticed that if it is a post by a new member and it doesn't get any response...they hardly ever post again...and that's sad!

MrsMissey Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 1:10pm

Looks like we need to add this one:

KWIM? = Know what I Mean?

rainbowz Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 7:24pm

Har, I'd just seen someone post about how their hubby had gone beyond the call of duty with some cake task and thought DH was "Dedicated Husband". I suppose that fits in most places, though. Right?

If I might suggest a couple more "Dears":

DW: Dear Wife (already suggested)
DGF: Dear GirlFriend and
DBF: Dear BoyFriend (not everybody is married to their sweetie)
SO: Significant Other of either gender, married or not, more all purpose

From other forums I frequent:
FWIW: For what it's worth
ASAIK: As far as I know
IIRC: If I recall correctly
Zombie: old, long-dead thread brought back to life. (OK, so that's not an acronym.)

ncdessertdiva Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 1:31am

Please translate WBH referring to frosting.
Thanx!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%