4Th Of July Birthday Cakes

Decorating By Patstag Updated 16 Jun 2006 , 3:22am by justme

Patstag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patstag Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 2

I bought the Wilton 3 tier stand (round plates) and I am making birthday cakes for a 4th of July cookout. My nephew (21); his stepaunt (?) and U.S.A. (230?) I'd like to keep with the red/white/blue theme but make a chocolate cake, a white or yellow cake and maybe a carrot cake. Any ideas for decorations? My only thought about frosting was to frost each cake white and then decorate in red and blue (and do't ask me why but I hate blue frosting). For the chocolate cake I am brushing the cake with Baileys or Kahlua and putting expresso mousse between the layers. I thought for the yellow or white cake I would sprinkle with Lemoncello and put lemon mousse between the layers. For the carrot cake all I can think of is cream cheese and crushed pineapple between the layers. I guess all that would work but was wondering if anyone had any (more original) ideas) Thanks in advance.

1 reply
justme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 3:22am
post #2 of 2

i would probably do a little different theme for each cake.
for example- since your nephew is 21 - i would probably put a beer can on there ( coors and bud light cans are red white and blue)- thats if he drinks, if he doesn't- then some hobby he likes.
for the aunt- some red roses
for usa- a flag
i hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%