post #2971 of 3003

Welcome to the table K2 icon_smile.gif

Hope all is well with everybody icon_smile.gif

Tonight we had country ham, eggs, biscuits and red eye gravy YUM

(((((((((hugs))))))))0

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:20pm
post #2972 of 3003

You would think I would have more time to stop in and eat with all of you since my classes were cancled this week... but no... I received more orders for this week, and we had more plans come up now oh my! icon_eek.gif

Lets see if I can remember
Fri-Pizza (took out BF's Neice and family for her birthday)
Sat - Had the drive in so I had a BBQ pork sandwhich and a lot of junkfood (but it was so much fun, would have been better if the wind had not been up near 22mph with gust up to 35mph)
Sun - Olive garden... I forget what I had so it must not have been that memorable
Mon - Made spagetti with garlic french bread, and it was cold and it hit the spot oh so well
Tues - Stopped at Subway and had a meatball sub after the Chiro... that is starting to become a little routine now... I don't mind it's an easy dinner

Tonight... Not sure yet, have a cookie order to complete so I can delivery tomorrow so either BF can cook or we fend for ourselves with leftovers and frozen dinners!

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:51pm
post #2973 of 3003

Hi Everyone-

Hope everyone's week is going well.

Let's see--

Can't remember what day I left off on so I'll start with Tuesday
Homemade Potato and cheddar soup with ham
Pilgrams-a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce and a thin layer of stuffing.

Tonight will be Chicken Pot Pie, salad, bread and fruit.

Talk to you all soon
Take Care!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 10:26pm
post #2974 of 3003

Tonight was regular and blueberry pancakes, bacon, oatmeal, cheese and bacon omlets with toast and banana-strawberry yogurt fruit smoothies.

Have to run to the gym now to take my daughter to her class and to work out.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:17pm
post #2975 of 3003

tonight was homemade chimichangas with a cheese sauce and mexican rice, salad and salsa.

Have a great night ya'll icon_smile.gif

Christi

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:43am
post #2976 of 3003

Greetings all! It is "I", the lone vegan. icon_smile.gif Hope everyone is well tonight.

Ahhh, dinner: (zzzzzzzzzzz)

Vegan chik'n patties w/ homemade pasta sauce
Spinach w/ red wine vinegar
Brown rice w/ soy margarine & nutritional yeast

BUT - we are cycling into yet another homemade PIZZA day tomorrow, my hubby has the day off tomorrow- it's his way of relaxing icon_biggrin.gif

kellertur Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:44am
post #2977 of 3003

Greetings all! It is "I", the lone vegan. icon_smile.gif Hope everyone is well tonight.

Ahhh, dinner: (zzzzzzzzzzz)

Vegan chik'n patties w/ homemade pasta sauce
Spinach w/ red wine vinegar
Brown rice w/ soy margarine & nutritional yeast

BUT - we are cycling into yet another homemade PIZZA day tomorrow, my hubby has the day off tomorrow- making pizza is his way of relaxing icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #2978 of 3003

Hey K2cakes! Pass on some of those vegan recipes if you want. I know enough people who are. My MIL is a strict vegetarian. She eats mainly soy, veggies and fruits. She is having a hard time getting her protein in though and it's affecting her health---Have any tips, I'm sure she would love to hear them.

kellertur Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:25am
post #2979 of 3003

sorry about my post going through twice...

mkolmar- I'd love to share recipes, let me know if any sound interesting (or of her food interests, as we've gotten quite good at "veganizing" just about anything)

The soy "meats" are loaded with protein, but she'll have to taste around to see what suits her pallet. thumbs_up.gif I'm a tofu girl, but some people are put off by the texture...
The Tofurky company puts out some really good "meats" - even a "faux-roast" for the holidays. icon_smile.gif Once in a while I suppliment with a soy protein shake - TONS of protein.

As for the protein problem, I've never had that problem maybe because I eat so much brown rice (a perfect food). Infact, I had a vegan pregnancy, gained 15lbs and felt great. My doctor was afraid of the protein issue at first, but I've been lucky- and I read up on nutrition all the time.

Hope this helps a little & hope she feels better soon. icon_smile.gif

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:39am
post #2980 of 3003

Hey guys,

we've been having boring meals this week - guess I haven't been in the mood for cooking.

Last night we had Mango Chicken which was just sauce in a jar on chicken with rice
Tonight we had steak, with potatos in their jackets, broccoli, peas and carrots.

Oh and can someone please tell me what Red Eye Gravy is icon_confused.gif that wgoat wrote about. I'm hopin you're going to tell me it's a brandname or something similar

wgoat5 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:28am
post #2981 of 3003

LOL Sparkle redeye gravy is actually a gravy made with a strong brew of coffee (it is wonderful with country ham which is very salty) icon_smile.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:37am
post #2982 of 3003

Hello table friends. I'm with sparklepop.....food has been boring. Just to busy.
Tuesday night I made Italian vegetable soup with warm bread.

Wednesday night I didn't cook. Our oldest was off from work and watched our youngest for me, so DH and I went out. We weren't out long as DH has a cold and doesn't feel great. It was nice to talk without little ears listening in.

My dad is coming for a visit this weekend. I will be baking and cooking. He does cook for himself....just not the same as mom used to make. So he will enjoy me cooking for him. He will leave Sunday afternoon. My MIL will be coming over to stay on Wednesday. She will stay with DD while we are away.
Hope everyone has a good day.

kellertur Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:29pm
post #2983 of 3003

Does anyone else have a LOVE of Indian food (as in India)? We absolutely love it and this weekend we will be going to our favorite resturant...
can't wait for that Dahl Shorba Soup icon_rolleyes.gif

And does anyone do any Indian cooking? Any tips or recipes to share? I've dabbled, but the spice combos are always so much better at the resturant. detective.gif

that's all for today, promise. have a good one. icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:14am
post #2984 of 3003

Ohara--have a great visit with your dad.
K2cakes--I have not found an Indian restaurant around me I like yet.

I had no idea what RED EYE gravy was either, so thanks for clearing that up since I was about to ask.

Tonight was creamy cajun chicken pasta. My DH took our 2 older kids to school since they had a big screen showing E.T. with snacks tonight. My daughter said the movie was good but our 5 year old son I think might be traumatized. He was still stiffling back the tears when they got home over E.T. dying. He just came running up to me saying "Mommy, I thought I never would see you again" with tears running down her face.
He's better now.

Ohara Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 9:33am
post #2985 of 3003

Last night I made lasagna, salad, sweet corn and garlic bread. I also made brownies. My Dad got in around 4:00pm. We had a good evening. He looks great! Dad is 72. He works out at the gym 3-4 days a week and he still works 20-30 hours a week. It's so awesome to me that he's in such good health.

My wayward older daughter and her boyfriend are supposed to be coming for the afternoon and staying for dinner. She thinks her Papa hung the moon!
I am making an Italian chicken, it's in a creamy white sauce served with pasta. I am also making an Italian cream cake. I've never made one, but Mom used to make them. I have her recipe. We'll see how it turns out. I wanted to make it last year for my birthday, but friends brought me a cake, as they thought I shouldn't make my own icon_confused.gif

Hope you all have a great day.

Sparklepop Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:08pm
post #2986 of 3003

Geez Ohara your Dad is doing great, hope you got his genes icon_lol.gif I'd be very happy if I was him.

Well girls I'm gunna make you all jealous, after a very lack lustre week in the dinner department, we went out last night. It was my SIL's 50th birthday and we went to a posh restaurant, had to get dressed up and wear high heels icon_sad.gif . But they paid icon_biggrin.gif for everything thumbs_up.gif . I had

Chicken, leek and roast pumpkin risotto
Rosemary and lemon crusted salmon
Toblerone Terrain

Yummo it was beautifully cooked and filling. We caught a train there and were planning a taxi home but got a lift with another couple. Do you guys have RBT (Random breath testing) our limit is .05 so a couple of glasses of wine and you're over and it's goodbye drivers licence. So we thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

I can certainly handle doing that again, especially if someone else is paying icon_lol.gif . Well for now it's back to home cooking icon_wink.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 8:30am
post #2987 of 3003

Ok Yall I am on the down slope from cake from HELL-O.... I am working on great nephews cakes for Sun. (today) afternoon.. Then I only have a Halloween cake due on the 30th..(( insert smiley wiping his brow))) LOL I am totally wiped out.. This has been a very busy 2 weeks... The last weeks meals are a BBBLLLLUUUURRRR....... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Today was DD B-Day party The theme was High School Musical 2 I made 2 cupcake cakes.. The party was at a motel.. We had a meeting room and use of the pool.. Perfect for the HSM 2 party.. We had Little Ceasers Pizza (a takeout joint) and the cupcake cakes.. DD fav pumpkin spice and choc fudge both with cream cheese frosting.. They all had a blast..Me on the other hand has a HUGE headache icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I hope to sit at the table longer next week.. Sounds like everyone ate pretty good... Especially Sparkle (( insert smiley GREEN with ENVY)))) LOL

Be back to yall soon Kay

mkolmar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:40pm
post #2988 of 3003

Glad to see you are surviving your hectic week Kay and I agree that I'm jealous about Sparkles meal also. icon_wink.gif

Last night we went out to eat at Lonestar. I had a salad topped with a little bit of steak. I didn't realize it would come with a ton of bacon crumbles on it or I wouldn't have ordered the steak on it. I wasn't impressed with my meal much. The bacon was hard to chew and my steak was really salty. But any meal I don't have to cook is a good one! My DH had cajun chicken breasts with a sweet potato with cinnamon and sugar plus butter. His chicken was overcooked but he didn't care. He really liked the flavor. His potato had so much cinnamon and sugar on it that it looked like it was covered in sand icon_lol.gif He absolutely loved the potato because it was super sweet. I tried some and it did taste good. Jon didn't want his steamed veggies so I ate those for him.

We were given some steaks so I have to go get some gas for the grill and we are grilling out steaks, chicken and pineapple. I'm going to cook some green beans and some roasted seasoned potatoes also. I made a Thank You cake for someone and they left church before I could give it give it to them, so if I can't get a hold of them we may have a white cake with almond-vanilla buttercream.

I'm kind of tired of baking. I made 348 mini-carrot cakes topped with cream cheese icing for an ACF charity event plus an 11x15 chocolate cake with caramel heath bar filling covered in whipped ganache and heath bits.
Plus the above mentioned cake and I boiled sweetened cond. milk for 3 1/2 hours to make caramel for my DH's clients cakes for the holidays coming up. I still have enough icing for one more cake and my kids and DH both want one. So if we don't get to have the one I made for a Thank you gift I'll be making one for the family. Kay--I know this would be getting off easy for you though.

Hope you are all doing well! Plus eating well too!

kaychristensen Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 7:03am
post #2989 of 3003

Ok I just POWER LOUNGED today... I definatly needed it. Today was DD actual B-Day so she got to pick her fav meal for me to cook..

It was meatloaf, cheesy mashed potaoes, and corn cut from the cob I had frozen... And leftover cupcakes from yesterday.. She is also wanting a big choc. chip cookie. So if I get the energy up I might make her one tonight..

I got rave reviews on great nephews CARS cake.. I didn't go to the party(to busy POWER LOUNGING) But my kids went. And DS said the cake was what everyone was talking about.. Oh how cute and the flavor.. It was so moist.. Made me feel really good after the weeks I had.. I don't get feed back usually so it was nice to have some spys at the party.. My son said the only draw back was the taste of the BLACK frosting.. I takes so much coloring that it tasted kind of funky he said.. But the kids loved there mouth turning colors..

I have the halloween cake for the 30th to do. But I already baked it and had it in the freezer. So all I have to do is decorate it tomorrow night.. Then I am good for cakes till the end of the month..When I have a couple more family B-Days. Another great nephew and a niece.

Twin your food sound really good also.. any food you dan't have to make is always pretty good food..Man it sounded like you were a busy little baker also..

Well I better go finish the dishes I have neglected the last few days

mewie Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm
post #2990 of 3003

Hi everyone-

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and everyone is recovering from being so busy!

Left off on Thursday of last week-manocotti, salad, garlic bread and fruit
Friday-Burritos and fruit
Saturday-Deli Sandwiches

Sunday-Family night, everyone comes home to eat-the DD's couldn't decide between homemade clam chowder and homemade mac and cheese, so I made both. Also had broccoli with garlic and oil, corn and apple crisp for dessert.

Tonight, stuffed eggplant, salad, pasta and fruit(can't guess we're big on fruit!)

Good week to all!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

mkolmar Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:20pm
post #2991 of 3003

Mewie--my family is really big on fruit also.
Kay-glad to see you got to power lounge. Happy b-day to your DD.

Tonight DH is having Carribean jerk chicken with dirty rice, green beans and coconut rum soaked pineapple chunks.
The kids and I are having proabably soup and sandwiches.

I made granola this morning for DH for breakfast and I still need to make a banana nut bread yet. I have a lot of work to do around the house so I'll be thinking of you all here at the table and what you are eating while I clean. icon_wink.gif

kellertur Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 10:59pm
post #2992 of 3003

Hi all!

Tonight's dinner was deliciouis! thumbs_up.gif

It's a veganized Rachel Ray recipe: "Good Fennels Pasta"

Sauted (but not browned) Fennel and Cubanelle peppers w/ shaved garlic
(you kind of "sweat" it over low heat- sweetens the peppers)
Vegan keilbasa (browned)
Fire Roasted Tomato (add last minute) w/ fresh basil
Pasta

I also made a couple of cakes (to prepare for my zombie cake).... I've never tried to cook & bake at the same time, which proved kind of difficult- took forever for my cakes to finish... icon_sad.gif

have a good night.

Ohara Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:59am
post #2993 of 3003

Hello table friends.
I had a good visit with my dad. Let's see...
Saturday night was what we call white chicken with pasta, green beans,cottage cheese, and angel biscuits. Italian cream cake for dessert.
Sunday I made breakfast we had bacon, eggs, sausage gravy with biscuits.
We didn't have lunch and we had sandwiches for dinner.
Monday..left overs.

Tonight we are going out with our neighbors. I don't know where. MIL is supposed to be coming tomorrow. Halloween is always a busy day. I will fix chili or some kind of soup that can be eaten whenever.

I haven't packed anything yet for our trip. We leave Saturday morning. I am so ready for some down time. We have been so busy with getting this hot tub finished. I finished staining it yesterday. Today I will empty out the rain water in the bottom and wipe it out. Then I will fill it and turn it on. Then I will pray that it works. icon_wink.gif
I am hoping to get my hair cut today. I am sick of it. I wear it up all the time. I might get it cut short. I haven't decided yet.

K2cakes...my DH would love that recipe...he really enjoys fennel.

Kay....I'm glad you got to power lounge. I hope things slow down for you just a little soon.

Melissa....cleaning....the never ending job. I will have to clean again tomorrow before MIL comes. I have already washed the sheets from the guest room. I hate washing down the bathrooms. If I could have a house cleaner, I would have the bathrooms done and the kitchen floor mopped. I can do the rest. Oh and they could do the windows a few times a year.

Mewie....Sunday dinner at your house sounds great. I also eat a lot of fruit. I wish fruit prices weren't so high at the grocery right now.

Sparklepop...I hope I got his genes as well!! His mother just passed away at the age of 92. She was going strong up to 90, then she started having health issues. At 85 she could out shop me. I have said for years that I want their genes. Your dinner out sounded amazing.

leily and Christi.. hope all is well with you both. Busy as usual, I'm sure.

What are everyones children (or you) going as for Halloween? My DD is going as Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

wgoat5 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:14am
post #2994 of 3003

Good morning table friends...Don't have a lot of time to read everybodies posts but I send lots of well wishes during this Holiday icon_smile.gif

Not a lot of time to eat this week lol, pretty much fix what you see if ya wanna eat week LOL, have too many donation cakes to do and cupcakes.

So with that said Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN icon_smile.gif

Christi

Sparklepop Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:40am
post #2995 of 3003

Hi guys,
I am back in the world of reality, cooking my own meals icon_sad.gif it's so much easier picking something from a menu icon_lol.gif .

Sunday everyone had a choice of whatever they could find in the freezer (so much for motherly love icon_wink.gif )
Monday was pasta bake
Tonight we had Dory (yup from Finding Nemo) grilled, zucchini, potatoes and salad.

Kay - You sound majorly busy hope you DD had a great B-day obviously you deserve to power lounge
Mkolmar - 348 mini cakes no wonder your tired of baking, how long did that take you?

I wish everyone at the table a Happy Halloween and you must share with me some of the fun things that happen. Wow you guys get busy with Halloween, Thanksgiving then Christmas you must be exhausted by the New year

mkolmar Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #2996 of 3003

Sparkle--It took a long time to do those carrot cakes. At least they didn't have to get decorated. I just made cream cheese icing and it was piped in swirls on top by someone else at the event. I found out that all of the desserts were eaten. Not a single piece of anything left. There was suppose to be 285 people but there was only 200. Some others made pies and mousse piped into cups and all of that was gone too.

Tonight was chicken noodle soup with seasoned green beans and grilled cheese with either american or swiss cheese. I only need 17 chocolate cupcakes with almond-vanilla buttercream for tomorrow (for my kids teachers) so my family ate the other 6. icon_lol.gif

I have a lot of work to get to so I'll chat with you all later! Glad to see you are all doing well!

kaychristensen Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 4:32am
post #2997 of 3003

ok yall I just typed a book and now it didn't go through.. I will type it in again later..

mewie Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 2:13am
post #2998 of 3003

Hi everyone-

Hope everyone is well, it's been very busy for all I know.

Last night was chicken and broccoli casserole, rolls and fruit.

Tonight was family dinner-
Steak sandwiches, smashed garlic potatoes, green bean casserole, corn
lemon bars and brownies for dessert.

Here's to a good week thumbs_up.gif

kaychristensen Posted 21 Jan 2008 , 8:17am
post #2999 of 3003

Hey twin just a few thought on renaming your BIZ.. Make sure it is catchy but not to crazy. Maybe something you really believe in... Or specialize in.. I know I need to change my website for my candles cause it is to long. But that is complicated. So find something now that you are comfortable with but catchy.. I will think on it for ya..

Christi Just some (((((HHHUUUGGGSSS))))) for ya Glad to see ya super table friends are the best icon_biggrin.gif

Ok Major POWER LOUNGING done here today icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif .. I was lazy cat lazy today icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif .. I just laid on the couch most of the day and still in my jammies and almost ready to back to bed for the day at 2 am Monday morning.
We are so freakin cold here. Right now it is 3 degrees outside with winds that are making it like 10 below... And probably PMS has something to do with my laziness as well..

But I did get off my butt to make some warm soups for supper. I made potato soup and a new one chicken tortilla soup. My aunt brought something similar to our Christmas eve supper. I asked her about the recipe and I should have known she didn't make it..( she don't cook) She got it at a local food supplier. They sell bags of the soup for $16 bucks and it don't make alot... So I went surfing on allrecipes and found one similar.. Only cost me about $6 to make.. Dh loved the other one and thought this was very close.. I need to tweek it a bit but saved about 10 buck thumbs_up.gif

Sat. night I made homemade eggrolls YUMMY thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ok now since I made 2 soups I got to get off my lazy but and finish the dishes.. OK I really got to go they are screaming at me LOL

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 9:12am
post #3000 of 3003

Hi everyone

kay - glad you's liked the mushroom sauce - lol sorry he fell asleep!!

deborah - the cake is gorgeous

ivblkmn - hope youre feeling better soon - big hug

ohara - glad the cruise was great - sorry everyone is sick there - hope all feel better soon!

mkolmar - hang in there - youre almost done!! big hug

mewie - hi there!

well, i have missed the supper table for a while, i have been busy working on orchids and roses for the wedding cake today - sorry to have missed everyone - big hugs to all

last night we had hot dogs with bacon sausages and sweet chilli sauce - was busy baking 5 big cakes for today - lol so quick and easy was the name of that game! lol

tonight we are going to have a bbq - with some sallads and baby potatoes in sour cream -
hope the wedding cake is ok - lol it is for 2:30pm this afternoon, then one for thursday - single tier and andother for next sauturday - 100 cup cakes and a smallish cake - lol but with 101 roses - ooooohhhhh - so im most probrably gonna miss you guys next week too - lol

so keep well and will be thinking of you's
janine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%