What's For Supper???

Lounge By daltonam Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 4:18pm by MommyBunny

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 12:05pm
post #1651 of 3003

Thank you all for the well wishes for my dd. Shes doing better.

Worked on snowflakes all afternoon, for a wedding cake that's coming up.

Last night I made: pork loin, mashed potatos w/gravey , sweet corn, bread and ranger cookies for dessert.

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 4:57am
post #1652 of 3003

Ok Tara I put my pic in my avatar just for you...lol. Also with me are Sean and Jazmyne.

Tonight I opened two cans of Marie Callendars (sp?) Chicken pot pie style soup. We added cheese and salsa to it.

DH was sick so he hasn't ate but a bowl of cereal today. The kids both complained saying they didn't like the soup. So their Memaw (my mom) covinced them to eat it by feeding it to them. They'll eat almost anything if someone will spoon it in their mouth. They had banana bread for dessert. Sean thinks we need to fix banana bread all the time. This was the first time I've fixed it for them. So tomorrow we're fixing peach bread. We're out of bananas but have frozen peaches from our tree.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 4:51am
post #1653 of 3003

juju--great picture & very cute kids--about your banana bread, did you like the recipe, if so, please share--i love love love banana bread but i keep trying different recipes, so i really don't have one & oh peach bread sounds yummy--i've been wanting to make peach pound cake with the GA peaches i put up this yr---yumm

so we had tacos tonight---yum yum

later, while watching the game, i had vanilla ice cream w/habanero chocolate sauce & an oatmeal cookie icon_smile.gif -- that might have been a mistake, my throat was already raw & that didn't help--duh me icon_smile.gif

i'm such a dork

okay, where's everyone elses faces--lol

i start my JOB tomorrow, so i won't be on as much until after i get the kids from school--so sad icon_sad.gif

butterflyjuju Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:13am
post #1654 of 3003

We had Lasagna and green beans for supper tonight. DH started evening shift again so it seemed so strange for him not to be here.

We liked the banana bread but the outside crust was a bit tough. The rest was yummy.

Banana Bread
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired **I didn't use any.
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350*F. Grease bottom only of a 9x5 or 8x4 inch loaf pan. In large bowl, combine sugar and margarine; beal until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beat well. Add bananas, milk, and vanilla; blend well.
In small bowl, combine flour, nuts, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add to banana mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into greased pan.
Bake at 350*F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.

daltonam Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:26am
post #1655 of 3003

thanks juju

nite nite

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 7:22am
post #1656 of 3003

Cheese and spinach ravioli tonight.

Thanks everyone for well wishes - it was a 48 hr thing.

Tara - hope you are doing better. I most have missed the part about your JOB. ???

Kay - Sorry to hear about your weather problems.

Ohara - Hope DD is okay. Stuff like that freaks me out.

Knox - Love the hot pants idea!

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 8:42am
post #1657 of 3003

Ok here I go again. I typed earlier when CC was having trouble. And when I pushed submit it said maintance icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

So anyway I will try to remember what I said icon_cry.gificon_lol.gifdunce.gif

First I think I told daltonam (tara) that I would have to search for a recent pic of me and try to figure out how to post it. But I think it is a great idea thumbs_up.gif If I can get it figured out dunce.gif

Second I think I was telling about our belated Christmas. We were suppose to get together at my MIL on the 1st. And well our ICE storm hit. And now my DH and BIL have to work 7 days aweek to catch up. Anyway I invited my MIL up to see the kids and have a late lunch. So here is what we had. SIL brought a YUMMY sweet pasta salad and an orange fluff (my DS fav) I made 2 new soups in crockpots. A potato that needed more flavor icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif and I addapted another recipe Beef and Bean pot. Was suppose to be done in the oven but he I wanted easy. So I dumped all into the crockpot over night and YUMMY. it was kind of a Sweet Chili the kiddos loved it and so did I. thumbs_up.gif Then I bought some YUMMY virginia ham from a grocery deli(I had to go back today and get more cause it was so YUMMY) and of couse I had to do some chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting YUMMY. As you could tell I was so stuffed with good eats thumbs_up.gif

Then I was doing the round of the table. More have posted now so here goes.

Knox I loved the cake What did she think???

I was hoping everyone was feeling better sounds like we are all on the mend thumbs_up.gif

juju It is weird when they aren't home. I can relate. I was going to make banana bread to give with goodies I was to give to friends. But I lost them in my freezer when power went out so no bread this year. Well I didn't get to give my gifts anyway. I am going to try to do something for them later thumbs_up.gif And cute pic of you and the kiddos

Ohara glad little one is better thumbs_up.gif

Congrats on the win Daltonam thumbs_up.gif I hope your ice cream tasted good going down at least icon_lol.gif Did you get something for the pain??

Joanmary It has been crazy. But they are getting power lines temp fixed at least. They estimate at least 58 million dollars damage to power lines. Some small towns and rural areas are still out of power icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I feel for them. It may be a month or better before they get them back online. We just hope bad weather stays away for awhile or we could lose other damaged lines.

Ok I think I got it all plus some icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Here goes the submit wish me luck icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 11:15am
post #1658 of 3003

Hey, Y'all! icon_smile.gif

SOOO glad to be back at the dinner table with y'all. CC was down FAR too long! icon_sad.gif

JOANMARY: Glad to see you're back to normal. And I LOVE ranger cookies!

JUJU: You're so pretty! And your children are just lovely! If you have a peach tree, you're lucky. LOVE peaches from home...mmmm. Thanks for that recipe, too--gonna have to try that.

DALTONAM: I see your boys won the game! I'm an OHIO girl at heart, but I can forgive an occasional transgression. ( icon_lol.gif ) Do you think you could maybe have a strep? Hope you get better--that's tough going to work like that. icon_sad.gif

KAY: I haven't heard anything on the hot pants yet. I'm sure I will though--they're my cabin business people, and I talk to them about twice a week. Glad you're getting thawed out up there in blustery NE. Glad y'all are together and safe! icon_smile.gif

Night before last was:

Hamburger steaks with minced garlic
Smashed up red potatoes w/some butter, milk and seasonings
Peas & carrots
(This is just a simple, cheap dinner---but one of my all-time faves! MMM)

Last night was:

Black beans & rice with smoked sausages

--Knox--

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 6:22pm
post #1659 of 3003

Last night was chicken, corn, carrots, cresent rolls, side of mandarine oranges and cake for dessert.

Tonight is strombolli stuffed with chicken and cheese and marinara for dipping on the side.

Glad CC is back for right now, hope this actually posts.

I'll post a pic of me when I get some time, just wanted to see if the site was up and how ya'll are doing first.

butterflyjuju Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 4:34am
post #1660 of 3003

Tonight we had cheeseburgers and doritoes. And peach bread for dessert.

Thanks for all the compliments on the picture. My Dh took that of us for our Christmas picture.

kaychristensen Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 5:06am
post #1661 of 3003

Last night I kind of tried knox's fried tators and sausage. I fried up tators and the last few minutes I laid some cheddar sausages on top to steam. Then I put sausage on a bun with ketchup. Yum thumbs_up.gif Tonight I need to cook off a roast that I bought on sale a few days ago. But last night I was cakin so I wanted it somewhat easy. And had the cakes in the oven so couldn't do the roast.

Now my DS is sick with temp and achy. So going to the doc tomorrow icon_cry.gif And he never lays around unless he is sick. And right when he got home from school he sacked out on the couch. He got up and soaked in the tub, ate some soup and went back to sleep on the couch. I am praying it isn't the FLU.

Knox your hamb steak sounds good. Did you add garlic to your tators also.

mkolmar Thanks now I am going to have to make fried chicken. It sounds yummy

juju cheeseburger and doritoes. Is my DD at your house cause that was what she wanted tonight. But got leftover mac and cheese. And your peach bread sounds interesting. Did you use the other recipe and just used peaches instead of banana?? How did it taste??

butterflyjuju Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 5:18am
post #1662 of 3003

Kay,

I wanted something easy to fix as I am not feeling too well. Fighting migraines today. So far they haven't hurt to bad but I limit my activities so they don't. Yes I used chopped peaches instead of bananas in the recipe. I added some cinnamon too. It tasted pretty good. I thought it could have used more of a peach flavor to it but the kids devoured it and want more.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 6:41am
post #1663 of 3003

Tuesdays I clean the fridge and we have all the left overs that haven't turned green. We had pork chunks with twice fried beans and cheese and the last of home made salsa mixed in a pot and it came out Sorta Chili Beans and corn bread. We also had a few tamales and pozole from New Years.

Glad to see the last of the tamales!!!!

joanmary Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 8:31am
post #1664 of 3003

Chicken stir fry with white rice tonight.

knoxcop1 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 4:03pm
post #1665 of 3003

Ok. Let's hope this actually posts/loads.

Tryin' to make it 'til Friday with what's in the fridge without going to the grocery. Normally it wouldn't make a difference WHAT I'd spent on groceries, but I'm saving as much as possible for the dang'd mattress. STILL. icon_cry.gif

Anyway--every time I cook for just the three of us, (vs. four when oldest DS was here) I have just like one or two pieces of something left over. Like I'll buy a pack of chicken or whatever---and I'll have maybe two legs too many. I'll freeze them and not cook them. Then the next time I shop I won't have to buy as many pieces. Blah...blah...blah.

So anyway--last night I went through the freezer to see what I had. I got out 1/2 a dinner's worth of chicken WINGS, and 1/2 a dinner's worth of chicken LEGS! icon_redface.gif Gah! icon_redface.gif Plus, I had a container of homemade stuffing that I didn't want to cook up on Thanksgiving--I'd frozen it raw, too. So I used that. Man---I think it was better yesterday than it was on Turkey day!

I use those disposable baking containers and pre-cook and pre-mix stuff like that all the time. That way, if I'm working the DH can just throw something homemade in the oven and it's ready when he is! icon_smile.gif

Last night was:

Oven-Fry brand chicken "pieces"
Mixed veggies
Thanksgiving stuffing
Tea w/lemons

--Knox--

mkolmar Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 3:39am
post #1666 of 3003

Tonight was brocholli cheese soup and spinach leaves with grape tomatoes and cheese for a salad. Didn't feel like cooking meat tonight (I also made a small batch of spagetti for the kids just in case---they ate the spagetti and tried the soup but EWWWW there's brocholli in it! GAG GAG! My 4 year old son loves salad (especially when using spiniach leaves) so he ate a big bowl of it.

joanmary Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:50am
post #1667 of 3003

IHOP - BLT with fries

kaychristensen Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 10:04am
post #1668 of 3003

Ok took DS to doc today. Not sure yet what is wrong for sure. Rapid test was a NO. Tonsil have spots and SWOLLEN. They took blood. MONO is IFFY. So treating for tonsilitis(sp) for now. If he isn't better by Fri. back we go. So his food has consisted of POPSICLES, APPLESAUCE, OJ, and sleep. DH had the roast and tators from last night. And DD wanted Ham sandwiches. Me I decided to have a salad. Since I over did it on Sunday. And we will have cold weather tomorrow and I will make some soft comfort food for kiddos. DD has to have 2 teeth pulled friday. So I am thinking beef or chicken noodle and mashed potatoes. Maybe some ham and beans.

Ohara Do you have red hair or light brown?? I love your hair thumbs_up.gif That is about my color. A reddish brown. With some gray so I color mine thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar my DH would love some of your soup. I won't make it. I don't like it. Can you send him some icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

knox I am always on the stretch for food. I only know how to cook big. I am use to cooking for at least 6. When I was younger I was head cook cause parent both worked. So I still cook big so we live on leftovers. Or twice cooked things. Like if I have left over chicken it goes in a stir fry ect.
So my roast was roast one day and beef and noodles another day. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

joanmary yum BLT minus the T for me. Maters don't like me icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif But I like BL on toast with mayo thumbs_up.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 1:33pm
post #1669 of 3003

Kay...I like to think that it is a brown color...DH laughs when I say that. My hair has a lot of red highlights. I also have the lovley grey. The problem with the red highlights, is that no matter what color I would use on my hair ,the red shows up any way. Oh well. So yes it's a redish brown. Come on the rest of you show us your smiles.

Last night I picked up one of those roasted chickens from Sams Club. DD had an appointment with the othopedist for her thumb. It took us 3 hours. After 2 sets of x-rays and 2 different doctors.. they decided that she has a problem with the tendons in her thumb. So they put it in a different cast and gave her medicine and we go back in two weeks. The doctor said it could repair it's self, if not, there is a surgery that will fix it. icon_confused.gif Then the doctor decides to explain to my DD that the medicine she has to take tastes nasty icon_eek.gif . Thanks doc. Any way...dinner had to be quick. I don't know what tonight will be. I'm working on a birthday cake and stuff for an up coming wedding cake. So not really wanting to cook dinner. I'm sure my family will still want to eat.

butterflyjuju Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 12:05am
post #1670 of 3003

Last night was corndogs and doritoes for the kids and Chicken N Dumplins from a can for me. I finally ended up with the migraine and had to figure out what would settle okay on my stomach.

Tonight we are having Cheeseburger macaroni (Hamburger helper) with corn cooked in it. And I'm thinking about baking another loaf of peach bread. That is if the peaches are still good.

Edited to take out the green beans. I changed my mind and added a can of corn, drained into the HH as it cooked. Still haven't made the bread though.

knoxcop1 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 1:28am
post #1671 of 3003

KAY: Hope the kiddos & all get well soon. Gah!

O'HARA: Don't you just LOVE those roast chickens? Makes it so easy, and they're great tasting!

JUJU: There's those pretty babies, again! I love HH I could eat it every night for a week!

Tonight was:

Stuffed flounder
Baked potatoes
Salad with italian
Cherry cheese pie
Bottled water

--Knox--

butterflyjuju Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 4:06am
post #1672 of 3003

Thanks Knox. I think they are beautiful too....lol. I think I discovered what is making my DD's face break out. She's been eating a lot of Nacho Cheese Doritoes. Her cheeks and under her lip breaks out sometimes. Generally smearing castor oil on it will clear it up but this time it didn't. So I'll cut out her Doritoes and see how she does.

kaychristensen Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 9:34am
post #1673 of 3003

Real quick before CC goes down again. juju good luck with the ICE coming your way. I hope you are prepared. I am thinking of you take care and keep the little ones warm. And to anyone else who will be affected I wish you well also. I will try to post my other stuff later.

butterflyjuju Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 2:08am
post #1674 of 3003

Yep the ICE made it here this afternoon. Mom came home early from her work so she watched the kids while I went to the store to stock up. I made it home before it got to bad. Forgot a few things but hopefully by next week the ice will be gone. DH doesn't get off work until 11pm and it takes him almost an hour regularly to get home. He's decided this time though that if it is really bad he'll stay at a motel and try to come home tomorrow. All the utility companies have tried to prepare for this so there is minimal outages.

We had oven fried chicken, mac and cheese, and green beans for supper.

knoxcop1 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 2:16am
post #1675 of 3003

icon_surprised.gif Wow, JUJU--Hope y'all stay safe and warm up there in all that ol' ice. Take care of yourself and your family this week! icon_smile.gif

KAY: Same goes for you! icon_smile.gif

I'm thinking everyone at the table is super busy with the weekend things and weather. I'm driving about 4 hours tomorrow to see Momma in the nursing home. Taking the youngest DS with me--it'll be a special trip for he and I. We don't do that very often. I'm either covered up with orders or working, and DS drives us long distance 99.99% of the time. I'm not too crazy about the trip though--supposed to be a snow storm blowing in from the Northwest--is that what y'all are dealing with now??? icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif Knowing my luck, I'll get stranded in it and spend 3 days in a "No-tell Motel" somewhere with some in-breds next door or whatever. Gah! thumbsdown.gif I'll be glad to see Momma, though--it's worth it.

Tonight was:

Ribeyes & Baked potatoes & Tea (leftover cherry cheese-pie)

Talk to y'all in a couple of days,
--Knox--

mkolmar Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 2:42am
post #1676 of 3003

Tonight was Italian Breaded Chicken, green beans, baked potatos and rolls plus strawberries.

Hope ya'll stay safe while the ice is where you live.

Kay, IF the soup wouldn't spoil I would send your DH some icon_razz.gif I love soup. (especially when cheese is in it!)

daltonam Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:34am
post #1677 of 3003

hey everyone---haha, but i really thought i posted yesterday, oh well, who knows with me...

we ate finger foods/snacks at SIL's tonight--i was go, i guess--it's just that with finger foods i alway eat way to much

EVERYONE STAY SAFE

(((LUVS)))

mkolmar Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:24am
post #1678 of 3003

Forgot to tell you all I did do my fondant cake. I guess it's ok for a first attempt---still scary though. It looks like my cake has the meazels.

kaychristensen Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 6:07am
post #1679 of 3003

Ok I babysat tonight. They have cheesy mashed potatoes and hotdogs. But DD had the mashed potatoes and spagettios. Only soft foods for her she had the 2 teeth pulled today. DS is doing better. It just must have been his tonsils.

juju I heard on the news that the power company was taking preperation for your storm. When we got ours we were only suppose to get snow which we never did only the dang ice. icon_cry.gif I am glad you were able to get out while you could to get stocked up. And I hope DH stays where he is. My stubborn DH would still come on home.

Knox thanks for the well wishes. We are just COLD!!! right now. In the negatives with wind chill to boot icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif We may have rolling blackouts if people don't concerve power. We still only have 3 week lines to power our city. We usually have 5. We are suppose to only get snow again this time so we will wait and see icon_confused.gif Wishing you luck on your trip. And it probably is our storm going your way. So be careful.. And don't have to much fun in your little motel if you wind up havin to stay somewhere. PS I would like some ribeye and baked potatoes delivered to my house pronto icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif If the mail man can deliver you can to right icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Have a great time with your DS and your mom thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Hey you don't know my DH spoiled what is that only another flavor added to the soup icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif And your cake doesn't look like it has the measles. It look great thumbs_up.gif And whats up with the baked tators now I gotta make me some.

daltonam Hey you probably did but since CC was havin trouble it probably didn't post icon_cry.gif Ya when it is snack stuff you don't realize till it is to late that you are stuffed beyond belief icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Well I hope everyone stays safe and travels go well with no motel stays.

butterflyjuju Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 6:28am
post #1680 of 3003

MMM baked tators. Now I'm hungry again after reading the posts...lol. I put my washed taters (usually 4 or 5) in a Walmart bag and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Turn potatoes and nuke again for 5 minutes. Much easier than doing them in the oven. The bag keeps them from exploding I guess. Learned it from my father in law.

Dh is on his way home. He can go up to 50 mph without sliding. Just ice still here and it's still icing....lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%