Best Butter Cream

Decorating By hamlove Updated 16 May 2007 , 2:39am by jeffer01

hamlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamlove Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 5

I found this recipe in the recipe box, it turns out to be real creamy, I was wondering is there anyway to make it a little more stiffer so I could make roses with it. If there is a better recipe let me know I am looking for one that is not to sweet but able to make flowers and other decorations. One last thing, when something calls for mixing until the peaks are stiff, what does that mean. Thanks all

4 replies
jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:54am
post #2 of 5

what recipe are you referring to?

stiff peaks is when you pull the whip out of the mixer and the 'peaks' of the frosting stand up and hold their shape.

eta: bc dream is my favorite. it tastes great and works will all kinds of decorating.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:28am
post #3 of 5

I just made my first icing ever. It was the Buttercream Dream. I don't know what it tastes like per the recipe because I substituted the vanilla and water with flavored coffee creamer. It was sooo yummy! It wasn't white though, the creamer tinted it a bit. It was very thick and I would think would be good for decorating. I'm just a lil ol cookie decorator trying new recipes! icon_smile.gif

Joolz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joolz Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:34am
post #4 of 5

Buttercream Dream is the best one I have tried and if it comes out to soft just add some confectioner's sugar to stiffen it up. Oh for a cake order!! I haven't made a cake since Easter icon_sad.gif I don't advertise so I am just waiting for a referal from my family or friends. It is funny, it comes in waves I either have no cakes or like 3 at the same time. OK I am done, sorry!

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:39am
post #5 of 5

For the BC Dream, found the recipe and was wondering if anyone has ever used margarine in place of salted/unsalted butter????? I have no butter in the house, only margarine and dying to try this...

I have only made the Wilton buttercream recipe with the transfat Crisco and it has been hit or miss...one time great, the next time a mess.

Curious as to what margarine would do to the recipe?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%