Pink Marshmallows - Where?

Decorating By skylightsky Updated 12 Dec 2014 , 7:01pm by kric

skylightsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skylightsky Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 21

Where can I find Pink Marshmallows... and if not able to be found, can I dye the white ones?

I need GREAT BIG not those little bitty marshmallows. I was thinking about taking some water or oil based food color additive to either water or oil... but that just sounded like a problem waiting to happen.

Even if I took a huge plastic bag and bounced it around like "Shake N Bake" I have a feeling that's about what I would end up with... polkadotted marshnallows.

If your area sells them, please let me know. I would really like to have some .

Or... where's a place I can purchase some online?

20 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 21

I haven't seen any but there may be an online specialty shop that sells them.

You could shake them in a bag with powdered food coloring. That should work.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 21

I have never seen the large marshmallows in color. You may have to hit the Martha Stewart site and make your own pink marshmallows! icon_confused.gif

kos

I like the "location" on your posting!icon_lol.gif

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 21

Do you have an airbrush??? Good luck!!!!

MJsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJsmom Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 21

I've made Martha's recipe for marshmallows, and think that you could easily color them to match any project you're doing! They were no harder to make than some of the gorgeous cakes you geniuses have posted on here! YOU CAN DO IT! icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 21
skylightsky Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 21

Thanks but no no NOOnon no noono, no homemade marshmallows... those recipes are a mess.

I need the pink marshmallows to fill a clear vase. In this vase will be inserted silk flowers. The vase if VERY very tall and wide. It is a pink shower. I need the pink and white marshmallows to take up the space.

Any other idea to take up the space and be the color pinK? NOoo pink water won't do.

icon_smile.gif

Those pink mints will be a fortune to fill up the vase. Stands about 3 feet tall.

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:49pm
post #8 of 21

Just thought you could try and make your own. Not sure. Also Kraftfoods.com has Jet-Puffed marshmallows in different varieties and flavors. Yummmm!

There is a very cool cookbook called Better than Store Bought that is now out of print but still available in used book stores and libraries. It contains the following recipe for making your own marshmallows:

1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sift the cornstarch and confectioners sugar into a bowl. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch-and-sugar mixture into it. Tilt the pan to coat the sides and the bottom. Leave any excess in the pan.
Sprinkle the gelatin into the water in a small saucepan and let soak for five minutes. Add the granulated sugar and stir over low heat until the gelatin and sugar dissolve.
In the large bowl of an electric mixer, combine the gelatin mixture, corn syrup, salt and vanilla and beat for 15 minutes on high speed, until peaks form.
Spread the fluffy mixture in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Leave for two hours or until set.
With a wet knife, cut the marshmallow mixture into quarters and loosen around the edges. Sprinkle the remaining cornstarch-and-sugar mixture on a baking sheet and invert the marshmallow blocks onto it. Cut each quarter into nine pieces and roll each one in the starch and sugar.
Place the marshmallows on a cake rack covered with paper towels and let them stand over night to dry the surface slightly. Store airtight; the marshmallows will keep for a month.

petitesweet Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:53pm
post #9 of 21

The flavored Jet-Puffed are called funmallows. Try typing that in Google. Had some places to purchase them. Chocolate! Wow!

MJsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJsmom Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 21

Does the space-filler need to be edible? If not, what about those irridescent, glass-disk beads that are sometimes used in beta aquariums?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:54pm
post #11 of 21

Or what about pink and white Christmas balls...the matte finish ones? They come in plastic too so you wouldn't have to worry about breaking them.

petitesweet Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:56pm
post #12 of 21

Groceries-Express.com sells the big pink funmallows!

MsFarmFresh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsFarmFresh Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:57pm
post #13 of 21

I found a bag of mixed white and pink large marshmallows at the local Mexican ethnic food store in our neighborhood. They taste yummy (tutti frutti and vanilla flavored). Good Luck.

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:57pm
post #14 of 21

walmart has pastel marshmallows mini & jumbo. at least here they do.
you would have to buy a lot of bags and pick out the pink ones but you wouldn't have to make them. does it have to be edible? you could use tissue papper or confetti or balloons( or panties or bibs if it is a shower)??

hth ya

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 9:06pm
post #15 of 21

just curious as to why marshmellows for the vase???

what about tissue paper.. even the eridescent kind??

tonenia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonenia Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 9:40pm
post #16 of 21

I bought pink and white at Wal Mart

asevak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asevak Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 9:52pm
post #17 of 21

There are several different colors (including pink) of spray/mist icing. It comes in a can about 6 or 7 inches tall, it is made by Betty Crocker. I think that would work and I know you should be able to find that in Wal-Mart. Hope this tip helps!!

skylightsky Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 10:31pm
post #18 of 21

TO ALL....

THANK YOU!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...

to answer some of the questions...

Tissue paper would work, yes. As a matter of fact we are using a lot of tissue paper, similar to the issue of Martha Stewart's Summer Bridal Cover.

The Mother of the Bride just happened to have an old paper bride someone had given her at her shower, and the thought continued from there.

We are having paper origami swans, The Bridal Bouquet, and a few other paper products, not tissue, but enough to be fine ... Heaven forbid it look like crepe paper... but anyway...

The Jumbo Marshmallows were suppose to fit the bill for the food color of pink. Everything is Pink.

The marshmallows are suppose to be a cheap way to fill the bottle with a "oh what IS that and still be attractive."

Your messages are delightfully received.

I would have made my own, but I was going for "pretty" and if I have to deal with sticky... I would rather make the bride and groom strawberries.

Limited time.... so many projects icon_smile.gif

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 11:14pm
post #19 of 21

I FOUND THEM!!!
i went to the gas station just now for tea bags and found marshmallows!!
the web site on the bag is:

dulcesdelarosa.com.mx i havent been to the site yet but i hth ya.

tw1nkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tw1nkle Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 5:06am
post #20 of 21

Here in New Zealand they are everywhere! lol

We have packets ranging from small to extra large with a mixture of white and pink in them. We also have pink marshmallows with a filling inside!

Such a shame we are sooooo far away!
icon_sad.gif

kric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kric Posted 12 Dec 2014 , 7:01pm
post #21 of 21

You can buy pink water bead's to put in a vase.They are available at any craft store,Walmart etc.Add water and they expand

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%