Wilton Fondant Petition Please Sign!!!!!

Decorating By OhMyGoodies Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 3:22am by gscout73

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:21pm
post #91 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka4lyfe20

Anyone agree?

I sort of agree. In most cases, fondant isn't even eaten. I know alot of people use MMF because it tastes good (me included). Old-fashioned fondant is usually just peeled off the cake. Wilton probably doesn't want to change the taste for something that they didn't intend to be eaten. When I ordered my wedding cake I was adviced to use BC beuse the fondant was mre expensive and would just be peeled off anyway.

sparklineagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklineagle Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:29pm
post #92 of 106

i signed it..hopefully they will pay attention...i emailed them a while back and NO RESPONSE!

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:36pm
post #93 of 106

I agree, I think it will take more money to change the recipe than they make now. Maybe I am wrong but I think they are fine with how things are going.....

P.S.

I am a Cali girl but I say Ya'll ALL THE TIME! My dad is from the south and he never stopped saying it! LOL!

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:49pm
post #94 of 106

Well I signed the petition but I don't know if it went through. I didn't see the note about me signing the petition. Hopefully it's there.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:51pm
post #95 of 106

I don't know if the original creator of this petition ever submitted this to Wilton or not... but it's been on going for some time now...

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 8:17pm
post #96 of 106

I signed and so did my DH. We paid nothing, zip, nada, zero, etc., etc., etc..............

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:35am
post #97 of 106

I signed icon_razz.gif , but in order for it to take you had to pretend to want to give a donation. when it goes to the payment page you have to exit at that point to avoid paying..

But I have a complaint on behalf of all the "home based" decorators... I am one and am very much quality and perfection oriented. That was a very inconsirate thing to post. I am offended by that remark. icon_sad.gif I wish I knew more about this site so I could put a copy of that posting from page one of this thread so everyone would know who and what I am referring to.

Thank goodness last week I had the pleasure of meeting a group of professional cake decoraters with their own REAL businesses who were not snobs and accepted me into their local club. icon_smile.gif

Thank you for letting me vent. I feel better now.

Sandy

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:37am
post #98 of 106

Wait a minute Sandy, you didn't mean what I said, did you? I meant home bakers who have never made a fondant cake before.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:05am
post #99 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali24

So I'm taking the Course 4 class right now from Wilton. I asked the instructor if I had to use wiltons. I wanted to bring MMF with me. She said I should not use MMF and that I needed to buy the Wilton brand. I responded so I need to practice with something that I will never use again or ever eat. She looked at me like I was a crazy and wanted to know where to get the MMF recipe. LOL I'm still going to bring MMF. Do they look that different? I'll just put the MMF in a couple ziplock bags and she'll never know. SSSHHHHHHHHHHHh

I bought one box of Wilton fondant when I was taking courses just so I know what the texture should be. I didn't really care for the taste and I never bought it since. And I told the instructor I would bring in another brand. She didn't recommend then I buy another brand but she could not kick me out of class either. Remember they are told to push the products for the store.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:26pm
post #100 of 106

FYI:
Wilton has just been bought by another company, something to do with scrapbooking supplies.
I don't know if that will make a difference in whether or not they listen...

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:59pm
post #101 of 106

To date, there are 399 signatures. The question is, how do we let the people at Wilton know about this petition?

Lostinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lostinalaska Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:09pm
post #102 of 106

Good luck Yall but I will leave it alone for a few reason, if I do a cake covered in fondant I will use satin Ice however I like tha fact that Wilton fondant is great to use for making flowers and other items not intended to be eaten and its cheap, If Wilton goes changing it trust me the price will go up.

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:09pm
post #103 of 106

signed- hope it works!

gordon806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gordon806 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:33pm
post #104 of 106

I will sign it and I hope it works, but you should know Wilton was just bought out so there is a good chance it will be changing to some degree anyway. Good Luck with the petition!!

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:38pm
post #105 of 106

Im not a big Wilton fan but their fondant is what is it.

Its not like it used to be this great tasting fondant and then they changed the taste and the petition is trying to get the original great taste back.

At the same time no one (whether you have taken the wilton course or not) is obligated to use wilton in their everyday hobby/business.

Its not like wilton is the only manufacturer of fondant. There are so many other brands to choose from, or you can make your own.
icon_surprised.gif You can add your own flavoring in when kneading icon_surprised.gif

I agree with lostinalaska, wilton's fondants has its uses and its cheap. And again, its not the only fondant available.

as far as wilton instructor saying you should only use the wilton fondant in class - of course they will say that. At that time, in class, they represent wilton.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 3:22am
post #106 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

bless your heart for trying - but I think Wilton KNOWS it is an issue and really doesn't care. They aren't trying to compete with Satin Ice and the rest. Their market is the home based baker who does occasional stuff, not nut jobs like us who are obsessed with perfection.

I was referring to this posting above from the first page of this thread. the comment is a general one implying the home based baker does is not interested in perfection. Quite the contrary. There are many home based bakers like myself that have careers but also take great pride in developing and sharing the talents. icon_biggrin.gif

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%