Gingham Check On Rolled Fondant

Decorating By sassylady Updated 13 Jun 2006 , 5:15pm by flamingobaker

sassylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassylady Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 6:31am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know how you go about making rolled fondant look like gingham checked material. I am doing a(Bundle) cake for a baby shower and I need one layer to look like Denim and the other to look like red and white gingham check. I wouold appreciate some help on how this might be done.
sassylady

6 replies
Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 7

Thanks for asking this question as I would also like to know. Here is a bump!

nscrima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nscrima Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 7

I think you could paint it on with a brush , pipe on ribbons with B/C, or use real ribbon. Just a thought

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 7

Make a stencil and air brush or stencil and paint by hand, I am going to experiment with stencils and my airbrush soon I love the old fashione candy striped chocolate box look. But will the airbrush behave. It is something that cannot go wron as the cake is already covered. Goodluck

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 3:49pm
post #5 of 7

Very cute idea for a cake. Can't wait to see it. I am doing a gingham cake in July but I am using BC instead of fondant. Good luck.

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 7

If you don't have an airbrush you can "paint" it on with gel color diluted w/water. I did a 1st Bday cake w/a gingham border. It's in my photos. Mine was just a border, though, about 2" of fondant. I placed the fondant on first and then painted it. For you to do a full cake, you'd have to have a steady hand. Practice first. Get some good paint brushes. Sounds like a cute cake!

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 5:15pm
post #7 of 7

Another way to "paint" the color on would be to use a little sponge in the shape of a square and stamp on the color.
Good Luck, I'd love to see that picture!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%