Anyone Ever Used A Organic/natural Cake Mix From Pcc, Etc.?

Decorating By katiedeva Updated 13 Jun 2006 , 10:50am by FerretDeprived

katiedeva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiedeva Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 4:09am
post #1 of 3

I usually when making cakes for others use a cake mix w/ the "cake mix extender" on this website. I would like to use one that is natural & or organic which PCC sells, but I thought I'd run it by cake central & see if anyone can give any feedback as to which brands are good or bad or any experience? I am still needing it to taste great.... any feedback? Thanks.... icon_smile.gif

~Katie

2 replies
keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 4:17am
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure about PCC, but while in Dallas, I went to Whole Foods and picked up some choc. cake mixes because a customer wanted all organic. I figured everything in this store is supposedly organic, and it was cheaper to buy mixes than a bunch of ingredients. Anyway, it was suprisingly yummy and baked very well. I don't remember the brand, seems like there was only 1 to choose from. The batter was thinner than DH or Betty Crocker so I was concerned but it turned out great. Hope this helps a little.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 10:50am
post #3 of 3

You have to be careful about some organic brands. Alot of them come out really dry, so adding some organic pudding an extra egg and a little extra butter or oil(whatever the recipe calls for, ex if tyhe box says 1/2 a cup of oil do 3/4). Otherwise that i'm sure they all taste good.

When i went on a trip with my school i got to cook a bday cake for one of my classmates and it wass an organice cake wit orgnaic powder icing mix. They were all great. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%