For Mother's Of Preschool/kindergarten Age Kids

Lounge By wendysue Updated 22 Jun 2006 , 12:52am by Jennz818

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 10

Found a cool link today that I wanted to share. This site will help you teach your kids to read. Go and check it out!
http://www.starfall.com/n/level-a/learn-to-read/load.htm

If it's too basic for you child, there are some other pages you can pull up that are more challenging. Spend a few minutes going through it and you'll see how good it is. My son and 3 year old daughter got a real kick out of it this morning. I have a hard time keeping my 5 year old's attention, but this seemed to work. Gives me a little hope!

If it's too challenging, there are some pages that teach the letters themselves. Have fun! thumbs_up.gif Be sure to turn your speakers up!!

9 replies
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 10

My kids are older and already reading, but I appreciate this site for one reason: I want to teach them English (we're French Canadians) and I think that'll be a great site for them to learn.

Thanks a lot!!!

Lorris

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks for the link! I will check it out now!

calla74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calla74 Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 10

Great link!

Ever since my son started to read, my daughter has been wanting to learn. I didn't know where to begin and figured she would have to wait until she starts kindergarten this fall. Now we can get a head start!

Thanks!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 1:11am
post #5 of 10

Thank you sooo much! My son is almost 4 (July) and has been in speech therapy since he was 2 1/2. I always feel very lost during the summer months. We play alot of speech games and have taken away all the normal cards for most games and replaced them with flash cards but we are always looking for something different to keep his attention. We played around with the site tonight for an hour before bed!!
Thanks again

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:08am
post #6 of 10

thank you so much

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 3:06am
post #7 of 10

Isn't this site great!! Great idea to post it Wendy, the school told us about this last spring and my son loves it!!

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 17 Jun 2006 , 11:45am
post #8 of 10

They actually use Starfall in school here. My kids love it. My son is 7 and plays on that site all of the time. My 4 yr.old daughter also is on that site alot. My son will actually sit with his sister and help her with sounding out the letters when she's using Starfall.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 17 Jun 2006 , 12:18pm
post #9 of 10

Funny you mention that site. My sister just sent it to me the other day. My 6-year-old does really well in the reading section of it and my soon-to-be Kindergartner learns from it as well. I agree, great site!

kos

Jennz818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennz818 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 12:52am
post #10 of 10

Wendysue....this site is great. My 5 1/2 yr old is chompin' at the bit to start reading and has been doing pretty well with just me. This site not only keeps her interest but challenges her in the right way so she doesn't get frustrated.
a HUGE thanks from me and my daughter!!!
Jennz818

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%