Looking For Tiered Cake Cupcake Pan At Ices 2004 In Dc

Decorating By tanyacakes Updated 14 Jun 2006 , 2:33am by fearlessbaker

tanyacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyacakes Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 15

Hello,
Did anyone go to the ICES(International Cake Exploration Society www.ices.org) convention in Washington, DC, in 2004?
If you did or if you know another place where this pan is available, please let me know.
I saw it at one of the vendor booths. It was $20. Of course I wanted to purchase the pan but had spent money on so many other tools and had a budget, decided to pass. Now I need it.
It is not the Wilton tiered cake pan where each cupcake is half of tiered miniature so the tiered cake lays flat.
It is a tiered cupcake pan that had at least two tiered. The smaller tier top was at the bottom of each cupcake and after you baked and flipped out the cupcake, then the top of the cupcake would have the smaller tier.
Anyone know where this product exists?
thanks so much.
tanya_cakes

14 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 15

Yes..I have seen the pan.Sugarcraft sells them but they are always out and on order.It is a 6 cavity pan and the cakes are all one piece.These ones are 3 tiers.Is that what you are looking for?? I just bought a set of seperate mini pans from Ultimatebaker.com but they aren't in one pan.

tanyacakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 4:07am
post #3 of 15

Kiddiekakes,
Yes, you are describing exactly what I am looking for. Sugarcraft is inconsistent with this product? I will check out your other website recommendation.
Do you know I have emailed ICES management and they don't know of it? Thank goodness someone else saw it.
Attached is a picture. I have found a single version of what I believe we are both referring to at www.cheftools.com, www.fantes.com, www.bakerstools.com. Attached is a photo of a single pan.
At ICES, there was a whole cupcake pan of these as in six or eight in one pan.
thanks.
www.tanyacakes.com
LL
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 15

Here is a picture of them.I found them at Sugarcraft.com
LL

tanyacakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 15

YES!!!!
that is what I saw. I have gone to sugarcraft.com and searched but was unsuccessful. What should I search on to find where it is on their website or what is the link?
thanks so much Kiddiekakes.

Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 15

Here is the link!! Tab down the right hand side until you see Minature pans and click on the dot.

http://www.sugarcraft.com/

Laurel icon_biggrin.gif

tanyacakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 15

Kiddiekakes,
God bless you.
tanyacakes

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks, Kiddiekakes! Love, love, love that pan...just ordered one! The one pan I am still missing from my collection which I have seen but cannot find anywhere is a mini heart shaped pan (set of three). Any chance you know where I can find these? Thanks a bunch for enabling!

Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 7:13pm
post #9 of 15

Yeah..they are frequently on ebay!! I had a set but sold it last year.Try there!!

Anytime Tanya!! icon_smile.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 12:41am
post #10 of 15

O.K. I and a few other people on CC have had the single one and concurred it was a waste of money.Realizing these are somewhat different would you let us know how they worked out? Kiddykakes, why did you sell yours?

bush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bush1 Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:08am
post #11 of 15

I purchased the pan from sugarcraft and although I love the quickness of making 6 mini cakes at once, they are very hard to ice with buttercream. I think I'll try icing them with poured fondant and see how that works. They are extremely small. You can see them a little in my photos. It's the wedding cake with the blue hydrangea swag and the 5 mini cakes around the larger cake.

Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:14am
post #12 of 15

I sold it to another caterer friend..I didn't think I would have a chance to ever use it!!

Laurel icon_biggrin.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:18am
post #13 of 15

bush1, I rhought it was the heart shaped pans you sold on Ebay, please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

bush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bush1 Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:28am
post #14 of 15

No, I've never sold anything on e-bay if that's what you mean. I know that Michaels sells the small heart shaped set of three for about 4.00. Samsgranny, I may be reading your post wrong, it's been a long day and my daughter has somewhat of a paper cut that she believes will require major surgery, so please forgive me if I'm misunderstanding!!!!

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:33am
post #15 of 15

Samsgranny or any one else interested. Kathy Scott has the greatest mini cakes ever and in the heart shape too. But these are plastic and first your pour melted choc. into them, then pour out to make a shell. When the choc is set and unmolded you fill it with cake and filling. These are really different. She has them on ebay. I think you could find them by just searching Kathy Scott. If you have trouble or are interested pm me and I will give you more info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%