jen1977 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:32pm
post #1 of

I posted the picture of the cake and the mmf kids in my pics. It was a big cake, and lots of fun to make. I put it together before I delivered it, but would wait and do it on site if I had it to do over again. My hubby hit every pothole the first half of the trip and swerved 25 mph around all of them the second half, LOL. I had to stop and take the slides off and reattach them around the corner from their house. Kids are mmf, my first time molding anything. I don't think they turned out very well, but everyone there when I delivered went nuts over it!

12 replies
KHalstead Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:39pm
post #2 of

that cake is totally awesome..........such a great job........what did you make the slides out of???? the kids are just adorable too.....would never guess you never molded anything before.....looks like you found a hidden talent!!

cashley Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:40pm
post #3 of

You did a great job with the cake love the kids.

donnadol Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:41pm
post #4 of

Your cake is adorable! no wonder the kids went nuts!

pinkopossum Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:05pm
post #5 of

love that cake! great job!

jen1977 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:28pm
post #6 of

Thanks everyone! The slides are made of blueprint/mailing tubes that I had my hubby cut in half and shave down the sides of. I covered them in freezer paper, tried mmf, but the sides of the cardboard kept cutting thru it.

emilykakes Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:35pm
post #7 of

LOVE IT!!! Your cake is awesome! Great job!!!

missyek Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 2:03pm
post #8 of

That is awesome! At first glance, I thought you found a good use for those Wilton Flower formers! icon_biggrin.gif

mommymarilyn Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 2:14pm
post #9 of

Absolutely adorable cake! and the kids are TOO cute!!

Samsgranny Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 2:18pm

Great job! I just ordered the horseshoe pan last week and still waiting for Wilton to deliver it as it is not available locally. I too thought you used the flower former set as well for the slide. Can't wait to do mine, thanks for posting.

jen1977 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 2:19pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyek

That is awesome! At first glance, I thought you found a good use for those Wilton Flower formers! icon_biggrin.gif

HAHA...that's what they were supposed to be made from, but I didn't want to have to worry about getting them back, plus I don't have the flower formers, so I would have had to buy them. Hubby brought home the tubes free from work, so I improvised! Free is good!

tonenia Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 5:04pm

Now thats one cute cake...... Great Job!

spottydog Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 5:06pm

Very creative cake. Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%