Outlining A Bct

Decorating By tawnyachilders Updated 2 Aug 2005 , 10:58pm by DesignsbyD

tawnyachilders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tawnyachilders Posted 17 May 2005 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

Last night I did my first bct, I outlined it in Wal-Mart fudge icing. I left it in the freezer for an hour and when I tried to peel off the wax paper the outlining pulled away from the design. The fill-in color looked pretty good. What did I do wrong? Could my outline have been too thick? Any help would be appreciated. icon_sad.gif

4 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 5

Can any of you FBCT experts shed some light on this?? icon_confused.gif

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5

Well, a couple of things could of happened. Did you make sure that your fill in was touching the outline. Remeber that the side you see will face the cake so covering the outline even will help. Or maybe the outline was to thin. What size tip did you use? Usually a 2 seems to work well. You may also wish to ice over the whole back and GENTLE smooth it out before you freeze it. Once you do put it on the cake, don't rush to remove it. Make sure to smooth over the whole transfer and slowly work the paper off, smoothing more as necessary. If a couple of pieces are just being difficult, have the left over bag with tip 2 ready for repairs.

Rose

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 5

Vitade pretty much touched it all.....I am wondering if it may have been the walmart brand icing. I also find that I have to use thicker frosting to outline and a little thinner to fill. How long did you freeze it for? this makes a difference
Denise

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 5

I'm sorry I just read again and saw that you left it in the freezer one hour. I leave mine in the freezer 24 hours or atleast overnight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%