Decorations On A German Chocolate Cake....

Decorating By The_Parsons_Wife Updated 5 Nov 2004 , 6:53pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

The_Parsons_Wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Parsons_Wife Posted 5 Nov 2004 , 7:10am
post #1 of 3

with traditional coconut frosting? Would you just use a chocolate buttercream with roses and writing? Ideas would be great, it's for a 30yo male bday. Thanks, Shawn <><

2 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 5 Nov 2004 , 9:10am
post #2 of 3

When I make German Chocolate Cake The only place that gets the coconut frosting is the top the sides are covered in chocolate buttercream frosting and then I do a border around the top of the coconut frosting in the buttercream and that is swirls with a large star tip. HTH. But I dont see why you could not make roses and place on them.. Make sure you make a dam and put the coconut filling that goes on top so that it dont run down the side....

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 5 Nov 2004 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 3

I use fudge icing to fill the cake and to crumb coat it just for an added burst of fudge flavor. I then ice it with traditional German Chocolate (pecan/coconut) icing.

When decorating a German Chocolate cake, I use the same fudge icing for borders, roses, lattice, whatever I desire. I have even placed a chocolate transfer on top of a German Chocolate cake. If I don't want "brown" decorations, I use standard buttercream and tint it.

It's your cake, there are no rules when being creative.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%