Is There A Trick To...

Decorating By rengirl1978 Updated 11 Jun 2006 , 8:52pm by traci

rengirl1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rengirl1978 Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 4:29am
post #1 of 7

Using molded pans? I got this really cute set of silicone moded bakeware in the shape of 5 different flowers....I sprayed them with spray, but they all stuck anyway. I have also tried to make a care bear cake from a Wilton pan, but that stuck too! I used the spray with flour in it. Do I need to be using straight oil and flour? No spray? And how long do I need to let them cool before I try to remove them? Is there a special way to get the cakes out of molded pans? Thank you so much!

6 replies
Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 4:35am
post #2 of 7

I am not sure about the silicone pans, but the metal novelty pans, Pooh, elmo, etc. should not stick. I use crisco spray with flour in it. I do spray it heavy, bake it, let cool about 10 minutes, trim the top off and turn it out right onto the cardboard. HTH

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 4:35am
post #3 of 7

I made up the pan release, works fine. Oil, shortening and flour in equal proportions, mix together well and liberally coat the pans with it. Nothing else is needed and everything comes out beautifully

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 4:37am
post #4 of 7

I had the same problem. can't remember what I did to make them come out:

either I sprayed a bunch of pan spray in, or

took a pastry brush and got crisco into all the nooks and crannies.

probably the 2nd because I remember the spray really beaded up on the non stick surface.

I do like the wilton cake release. maybe try that.

I guess that pan is just taking up space now.... Oh well.

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 5:21am
post #5 of 7

I have always been told not to spray the silicon moulds as they have a non stick coating. l have baked a zucchini slice in one and it came out really easy, although l havent tried a cake yet! icon_smile.gif

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 7

I like using a baker's spray in odd shaped pans because it's easier to get in all the spots, but I regularly use wilton's cake release because I've never had a cake stick on me that way.

I have one silicone bundt pan and I've had mixed results with it. I finally discovered after seeing an advertisment on tv that you're supposed to peel the pan away instead of just turning it over. Well, that worked MUCH better LOL. I waited ten minutes like I do with all my other cakes.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 7

I have never had problems with wilton's cake release. I have also used a pan grease from the local supply store and did not have problems with that either. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%