Need Suggestions On Bridal Shower Cake Flavors

Decorating By sunflowerfreak Updated 13 May 2007 , 12:58pm by MommyEdzards

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing a bridal shower cake that is going to have a 10 inch bottom and a 6 inch top both 2 layers. I want to make 2 different flavors with fillings. I think I might also make a brides gown cake. Can anyone suggest a really really awesome cake flavor and filling for these cakes? I have heard alot about the Coffee Mate cakes.

sunflowerfreak

9 replies
sunflowerfreak Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 10

anyone?????????

sunflowerfreak Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:45am
post #3 of 10

OK I am getting a complex here. Maybe I ask too many questions on CC. And maybe everyone is getting sick of hearing from me. I always have a hard time getting anyone to post an answer. I just need some suggestions for flavors of cake and fillings.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:46am
post #4 of 10

I don't do wedding cakes, so I didn't jump in here. Sorry no one has answered you yet=( I have read many times that CC members say the WASC cake with raspberry filling is a very popular request for wedding cakes=) Jen

delaware Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delaware Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:55am
post #5 of 10

The almond sour cream cake recipe on here is fabulous! It is a favorite of everyone in my family. I also like putting some vanilla caramel coffeemate into a white cake mix. I've tried both the powder and the liquid. Maybe it is all in my head, but I think it tastes better when I use the liquid. Hope this helps. Jodi

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:56am
post #6 of 10

Coffee creamers are coming into favor around here. I love the different flavors that are made but don't drink coffee. Go figure. I love any thing with almond and french vanilla. You can do what you like or try something different. As for fillings how about white chocolate mousse? And nobody answering? Did not see your post till now. And I do go to unanswered forum and never saw it there. So here is a couple for you to mull about.

sunflowerfreak Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:17am
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I am going to try a coffee mate flavor on the white sour cream cake.

shannas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannas Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:24am
post #8 of 10

For filling a great way to add flavor is with curds. I have a lemon curd that I use reguarly. I just mix 1/2 cup into my butter cream and fill the cake with it. Also raspberry preserves are good when added also. I made a cake where I filled it with a layer of lemon and a layer of raspberry. Another filling I use is chocolate mocha buttercream. I use espresso instead of water. Another one is chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. I mix peanut butter in with my chocolate butter cream.

As for cake flavors, I keep mine simple because I work with a lot of fillings. I just think that if you have an intense flavored cake and intense flavored filling they compete.

sunflowerfreak Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:37pm
post #9 of 10

They sound awesome Shannas. Thanks so much.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:58pm
post #10 of 10

Here is my favorite: Yellow Cake w/ strawberry cheesecake filling.

For the filling I add a thin layer of buttercream, then strawberry jam, and then the cheesecake filling.

Cheesecake filling:
1 package instant cheesecake pudding
1/2 c sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream

Mix the whipping cream on high with the sugar until nice and thick like whipped cream. Fold in 1 package of pudding mix (dry).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%