What Happens When You Forget Your Camera

Decorating By karensjustdessert Updated 20 Oct 2012 , 4:46pm by steveproxy

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:54pm
post #31 of 47

most people probably don't realize this but in 2006, not everyone had a camera on their phone! I know, GASP!!

curiousprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiousprincess Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 6:17am
post #32 of 47

how helpful stories!
maybe they were a disaster but at least i learned a lot!
always keep your camera and somebody has to wait for the cake icon_wink.gif

CakeFIED Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeFIED Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:08am
post #33 of 47

Am so sorry this happened to you.I dont carry my camera always..will sure do from now on.

CakesByTheSugarCains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByTheSugarCains Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:54pm
post #34 of 47

WOW... This is an eye opener to a new cake baker. I have only done 3 weddings, and already forgot my camera two of those times!! Thanks for posting these scary events, they help the rest of us newbies!!

DavidIM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DavidIM Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 11:02am
post #35 of 47

wow, so many scarey stories here! I never even considered taking photo's at the place of delivery. I can tell you now we will be taking plenty. Thanks for opening our eyes before we have one of these disasters.

BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 1:47pm
post #36 of 47

I delivered a cake I made for a friend's daughter's birthday. It was a large 3 tier cake with lots of animal figures on it and it took me forever to make. I was very proud of it. I had to work the day of the party, so I drove it an hour away the night before (and largely pregnant, too) to her house. It was perfect. The next day at work, I got a call from her asking how to fix it. Fix it? What's wrong with it? She said that the top tier fell onto the second and the third was starting to squish. I had no words. There was NO WAY this could have happened with the sps system I was using. I was a mess. I found out later that her dog "may" have jumped on the table or something. Can't really fix it at that point. I appologize over and over and told her I wouldn't cash her check but there was nothing I could do about it. I am afraid it may have damaged our friendship icon_sad.gif

wyowolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyowolf Posted 4 May 2012 , 10:54am
post #37 of 47

I'm sorry for everyone's horror stories - but thank you for sharing them! None of these things ever crossed my mind! Now I can be prepared!

cakecoachonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecoachonline Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 6:51pm
post #38 of 47

On thinking about leaving a cake alone at a venue, just a thought, shouldn't someone at the venue be signing off the safe delivery of the cake onto an order form - saying 'received by'................. signature and NAME IN CAPITALS............................ and date and time of receipt. In this way regardless of forgetting having photographic evidence of safe setting up of your cake, a manager at the venue is then now responsible for the safe keeping of your creation, by signature saying it was received and set up and in good order. Order forms from a customer need to be confirmed that the order is correct, as well as the order signed for. That would solve the problem, wouldn't it? Obviously photographic evidence would help if there was a query. Even a photograph taken on a mobile phone would help. Keep a disposable camera in the emergency repair kit too, just in case.

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 3:37am
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRose8302

I delivered a cake I made for a friend's daughter's birthday. It was a large 3 tier cake with lots of animal figures on it and it took me forever to make. I was very proud of it. I had to work the day of the party, so I drove it an hour away the night before (and largely pregnant, too) to her house. It was perfect. The next day at work, I got a call from her asking how to fix it. Fix it? What's wrong with it? She said that the top tier fell onto the second and the third was starting to squish. I had no words. There was NO WAY this could have happened with the sps system I was using. I was a mess. I found out later that her dog "may" have jumped on the table or something. Can't really fix it at that point. I appologize over and over and told her I wouldn't cash her check but there was nothing I could do about it. I am afraid it may have damaged our friendship icon_sad.gif

Sounds like she wasn't a good friend and you are better off without her. Most likely it was something she or her dog or someone moving the table did, you apologized and didn't cash the check, that should have settled the situation.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 7:15pm
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecoachonline

On thinking about leaving a cake alone at a venue, just a thought, shouldn't someone at the venue be signing off the safe delivery of the cake onto an order form - saying 'received by'................. signature and NAME IN CAPITALS............................ and date and time of receipt. In this way regardless of forgetting having photographic evidence of safe setting up of your cake, a manager at the venue is then now responsible for the safe keeping of your creation, by signature saying it was received and set up and in good order. Order forms from a customer need to be confirmed that the order is correct, as well as the order signed for. That would solve the problem, wouldn't it? Obviously photographic evidence would help if there was a query. Even a photograph taken on a mobile phone would help. Keep a disposable camera in the emergency repair kit too, just in case.

In my experience, very few venue managers are willing to sign off on a cake. I've had a wedding planner or two agree to it but usually it's just me & the florist in the hall.

SoFloGuy Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 7:19pm
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwonka

In my experience, very few venue managers are willing to sign off on a cake. I've had a wedding planner or two agree to it but usually it's just me & the florist in the hall.

Good point, why would they? What are you gonna do walk out with your cake if they refuse? Why would they take the responsibility of babysitting your cake and being responsible if something that they have no control over happens.

SoFloGuy Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 7:19pm
post #42 of 47

double post, but report error

SoFloGuy Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 7:20pm
post #43 of 47

triple post same error

SoFloGuy Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 7:21pm
post #44 of 47

4th post same error, edited multiple posts out.

mysticalmomentsindia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysticalmomentsindia Posted 15 Oct 2012 , 5:42pm
post #45 of 47

I have to agree with Leah on the walk-in.....!!!icon_smile.gif)))

mysticalmomentsindia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysticalmomentsindia Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 11:43am
post #46 of 47

I completely forgot about this post...this was such a long long time ago!

steveproxy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steveproxy Posted 20 Oct 2012 , 4:46pm
post #47 of 47

I haven't done enough cakes that I've ever had someone tell me to put it in a walk-in, but now I'll know not to do it under any circumstances.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%