Ya Gotta Love E-Bay! :)

Decorating By Chef_Stef Updated 9 Jun 2006 , 2:54am by SugarFrosted

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 15

Let me count the ways:

I just nabbed

a Fancy Fountain, crystal-look 13-3/4" pillars and plate to go over fountant, floating tiers stand with round plates, a set of stairs, 4 heart separator plates, 2 round sep plates, 8 pillars, set of 4 unused heart pans and 3 other heart pans, and some pegs.

All for ABOUT HALF OF RETAIL

hahahaha (wild mad scientist laughter)

14 replies
okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 15

any advice, everytime I bid on something someone takes it at the last minute for 1 cent more!! Can't figure it out, but I'm new to ebay sooo I guess I'm just getting out witted!!!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 15

I am an EBAY FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is where I have gotten most of my cake decorating stuff. I just got in a 5 tier cake stand today!~! Whenever I have to buy something, I ALWAYS check out Ebay first. I wish I had invented Ebay!!!

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 15

okred, you need an auction sniper. It automatically tracks the items you are bidding on and gets your bid in at the last second. That is why you are beaten out. Though, Ebay will also up your bid automatically until you hit your limit (which you tell ebay in advance).

My husband is the big ebay buyer, yet whenever I want him to sell something on ebay for me............. here is this belly basics maternity set, and my baby is turning 4!!!! go figure!

Amish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amish Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:35am
post #5 of 15

Hi my names Amy and I'm an Ebayaholic. I usually always bid last minute(auctually last 30 seconds or so, gotta love high speed internet) if I really want something instead of putting in a max bid because if someone else really wants it too then they will just bid untill they go past your max. If you bid last min you can ususally get it for cheaper. Just one of my ebaying methods. Works great fo me.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:39am
post #6 of 15

WHY AM I ON CC, I NEED TO BE ON E-BAY-BUT I'M NOT LEAVING

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:40am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish

Hi my names Amy and I'm an Ebayaholic. I usually always bid last minute(auctually last 30 seconds or so, gotta love high speed internet) if I really want something instead of putting in a max bid because if someone else really wants it too then they will just bid untill they go past your max. If you bid last min you can ususally get it for cheaper. Just one of my ebaying methods. Works great fo me.

This is SO true!

And, it's SOOOOO easy to get caught in a bid war too!

Hey, I just sold some of my boys clothes & shoes that they've outgrown and made $70 off of them!! YAY!!!

BTW, I'v purchased 95% of my cake items from ebay, too!

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:45am
post #8 of 15

I LOVE EBAY TOO. YOU REALLY SHOUD SET UP AN ACCOUNT AND SELL STUFF. I DID AND YOU CAN MAKE A PRETTY PENNY OFF OF STUFF.SOME THINGS YOU PUT IN A YARD SALE FOR, AND GET PRACTICALLY NOTHING FOR, YOU CAN SELL ON THERE AND MAKE A TIDY LITTLE PROFIT.I HAVE EBAY AND THIS WEB SITE ON MY FAVORITES ON MY COMPUTER AND I AM ALWAYS ON ONE OR THE OTHER. GREAT STUFF TO LOOK AT ON BOTH.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:49am
post #9 of 15

Don't get me started on ebay.... icon_twisted.gif

I don't know which site is more addicting...this one or ebay!

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:52am
post #10 of 15

homecook that was YOU??? You beat me out you dirty rat! icon_lol.gif

CherryMerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryMerry Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:06am
post #11 of 15

I've noticed you can get some great cake pan deals, too!

I love ebay because I just sold an old Girl Scout uniform bought for 10 cents for 61.00!!! icon_lol.gif

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 2:13am
post #12 of 15

Hello my name is AgentCakeBaker and I too am a Ebayaholic. icon_biggrin.gif

Most of my supplies have come from ebay. I also like to bid on an item during the last 30 seconds if I really need or want the item.

I have gotten a lot of great deals on ebay, some new and used products.

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 2:19am
post #13 of 15

I know someone who bought a commericial stainless steel 3-sink counter on Ebay for just $50! The newer sink acutally cost over $500 to $1,000! It's a great place to buy supplies for your home bakery and save money. Kudo to Ebay! icon_biggrin.gif

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 2:21am
post #14 of 15

I just got a decorator preferres pan I have been wanting from ebay... must... not..... bid....

Oh who am I kidding? I have eBay in one window and CC in another

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 2:54am
post #15 of 15

Hello my name is Anna and I am an eBayaholic. In the past 18 months, I have spent about $1500 on wedding cake equipment...pans, stands, pillars, separator plates, fountains, etc...and have never done a wedding cake ... YET!

The stuff I bought is probably worth twice or three times as much as I paid. I lucked into a great auction for stuff from a bakery which was closing. They were happy to get some money out of it (and to get rid of the stuff) and I was thrilled to get it.

Now I have to get that first wedding cake order icon_biggrin.gif

Oops! Forgot my professional Kitchenaid 5qt mixer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%