Frozen Butter Cream Transfer -First Time Need Help Please

Decorating By Havingfunbaking

Havingfunbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Havingfunbaking Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 1

I am planning on trying my first fbct for my first paid cake which I will be putting together this Friday for Saturday morning delivery. It will be a frosted in white sheet cake in strawberry with a whipped type with strawberry filling and bc on top. The customer would like the cake to be white with a little girl dress picture in bc on the top of the cake taking up most of the space. It is for a baby shower.

I think I understand how to make the fbct but I am nervous since this will be my first one. I might make a few. I had a couple of questions...

1.) Since the dress will be in pink on a white cake, should I just use the recipe for "bc icing for frozen transfers" and tint it pink, outline in this pink shade, then fill in in pink trying to smear it all together? Should I freeze the outline done in pink for a while before doing the filling in?

2.)Then, after putting on the cake on Friday afternoon should I make my detailed designs in the white frosting? I thought I would try to make a ruffle design on the bottom of the dress and a straight line with a bow in the middle of the waist area and other hemmed details all in white. I am very new to cake decorating but the customer wants me to make this for her-along with decorated cookies, which I feel fine to make.

3.) I bought the Wilton tube icing in white and black, as I read those are good to use for outlining, but what is best to use for outlining since I don't want black? The same tutorial bc icing or this tube icing in white?

Thank you for any help!!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%