Massachusetts Cake Club

Decorating By ANGELA0520 Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 3:15pm by 2sweetcookies

ANGELA0520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANGELA0520 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 37

I am looking for people in Massachusetts that may be interested in starting a club, or just get together and exchange ideas. If you are interested please email me

36 replies
tgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgirl22 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 37

What part of Mass? I am in NH, but close to the Ma border.

lehall2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lehall2006 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 37

I'm definitely interested. I live in Cambridge, MA and will send you an email.

Lauren

kstgelais4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstgelais4 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 37

I don't know what a cake club does exactly, but I'm guessing it has something to do with cakes. lol... which means you can probably count me in! I live in Southern MA near the RI border.
Kelly

ANGELA0520 Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 3:14am
post #5 of 37

I am not sure what other clubs do, I was hoping to get together to share ideas and techniques. I do this as a hobby that is quickly becoming a small business. I like to learn new things and share ideas. I live in Clinton, near Worcester. I would like to speak with all of you and see what works for you and any ideas you may have to get together. Email me and we can make arrangements to get together and discuss our ideas. New Hampshire is not too far, my sister lives in Manchester, she commutes to Clinton every day.

rdom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdom Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 37

hi,
I also live in MA (north shore) and would love to join...but Worcester is 2 hours away from me (during non busy hours).
please feel free to pm me.
thank you,

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 37

I'm in depending on the distance.... icon_smile.gif

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 10:29pm
post #8 of 37

Hey, I used to live in Clinton on Willow street. I am in Oxford now. I would be willing. kstgelais4, are you close to Oxford?

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 1:49am
post #9 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstgelais4

I don't know what a cake club does exactly, but I'm guessing it has something to do with cakes. lol... which means you can probably count me in! I live in Southern MA near the RI border.
Kelly

Hey, I live in Southeastern Ma. near the R.I. border too!

kstgelais4 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:02am
post #10 of 37

I live in Uxbridge, near Milford and Woonsocket RI.
Kelly

finally928 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finally928 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 4:10pm
post #11 of 37

Hi ..

you can probably count me in -- i'm in Malden MA ....

Just shoot me a PM or an email (in my profile) ..

Jay

spottydog Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 4:22pm
post #12 of 37

Hey....finally928 where ya been? How is the wilton instuctor gig going??

finally928 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 4:41pm
post #13 of 37

Hi, Lisa ..

Life is hectic and I haven't been around much. I have way too much on my plate lately and really haven't figured out how to balance it all well enough to come over here too often.

The WMI thing is working out "ok" ... The students have a great time and learn alot, but its stressing me out more than I thought it would. I'm debating on whether or not to give it up entirely.

HOw are things down your way? I heard that you all took a pounding in the rain yesterday!

J

ANGELA0520 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 5:47pm
post #14 of 37

It seems like we have some great feedback, How about arranging a date and time for an informal meeting to discuss what we can to as far as making it convenient for people, how often to meet, where to meet etc. I know of a great restaurant off of 495 in Marlboro, The Lakeside(I figured everyone knows 495), they even have a large room we can meet in if needed, I can make the arrangements if you are interested we can aim for June 24 or 25 in the afternoon. Please PM me with your contact info if you would like to be at this meeting or if you have another suggestion and I will get in touch with you.
I am very excited, I think this will be fun!

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:01pm
post #15 of 37

I would ask that it not be done that particular weekend only because the Mass Wilton Annual Instructors Meeting is that weekend so anyone attending that meeting may not be able to attend both in the same weekend (me included). If everyone else can make it though, please feel free and I will catch the next meeting. icon_smile.gif

finally928 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:04pm
post #16 of 37

I will also be at the Wilton Annual instructor meeting that weekend .... plus have class that Monday night. I wouldnt' be able to make it. But as Mushbug stated, if that works for everyone else, i'll just try to catch the next one.

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:07pm
post #17 of 37

Well I am not from Massachusetts, but how do I find out if there are any cake clubs in Indiana?

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:12pm
post #18 of 37

I would be interested as well. I belong to ICES do any of you?
Paula

ANGELA0520 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:14pm
post #19 of 37

We could aim for the weekend before Friday or Sat June 16 or 17, Sunday is Fathers Day. That way we don't get into July when people go on vacations etc. Please let me know how you all feel about this or if a weeknight would be better, I know some people may have a longer drive than others so I would like to make it convenient. I would like to set up an agenda for the meeting so we know what things we are going to discuss that way we can meet new people and move forward on our ideas for the cake club. If any of you have ever been in a cake club I would love to hear what you did.

finally928 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:29pm
post #20 of 37

I for one, as a single mother, would not be able to make a weeknight meeting. And would not be able to make a meeting on Father's Day weekend as I have 2 cakes to do.

I guess i'll just abstain from the "first" meeting and try to pick it up at another time.

With the holiday, the end of the school year, end of the Girl Scout year, etc, I just wont be able to fit this in if it will be over the next few weeks.

Paula -- when did you join ICES? I didnt' know you had joined! That's awesome! Have you found it to be a worthwhile expenditure? I'm still waffling on whether or not to join because if they are going to consistently have their conventions in the South, I will never be able to go.

J

spottydog Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:35pm
post #21 of 37

Finally...Yeah we got pounded with rain! Today is not bad but with running a day care I have serious cabin fever! Good to see you back even for alittle bit. Hope everything settles down.

Paula I would love to know also if ICES has been beneficial for you?

Angela I have 2 cakes that weekend icon_sad.gif I would love to meet up with all of you!!

ANGELA0520 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:57pm
post #22 of 37

I do not belong to ICES, I have looked into it but they seem to be all over the south. Do they do anything locally (in Mass)?

kstgelais4 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 8:54pm
post #23 of 37

Well, for me, all the weekends left in June stink. Oh, and the first one in July because it is my brother's wedding. You guy's can meet and fill me in for the next one though. LMK what you decide!
kelly

ANGELA0520 Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 2:16pm
post #24 of 37

How about the last weekend in July? The 28, 29 or 30? I think that will give everyone enough time to put it on their schedules and make the arrangements needed to be there, please respond and let me know what works best Fri, Sat or Sun and I will make arrangements, does Marlboro, MA work. I figured it is central and right off of 495, this would be for our first meeting only we will discuss meeting places and specifics at this meeting.

tastetester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastetester Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:53am
post #25 of 37

Did anything ever come of this? BUMP?

ANGELA0520 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 3:20pm
post #26 of 37

I was going to try to do more in September, once the summer is over and more people are available. I have a lot of interest, so I feel it will work once we can get together. where do you live in MA?

tastetester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastetester Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 12:06pm
post #27 of 37

I am in Boston. September is so far away. icon_sad.gif Please post when you get it all worked out. Thanks

melli_fera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melli_fera Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 5:49pm
post #28 of 37

Hi there... I too have been looking for people to meet up with in the new england area to learn new things... I hate that there are tons of die-hards all over the rest of the country...but none here in New England (to teach me gum paste!!!)

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 7:44pm
post #29 of 37

I'm in Boston...I'd be interested in the cake club, so let me know when things are decided.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 7:51pm
post #30 of 37

i noticed that this thread was started back in june... did anything ever come of it? i am definitely interested if anyone has formed a group/club.

thanks icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%