8 Year Old - Loves Tigers And Other Cats

Decorating By Biebelenyip Updated 13 May 2007 , 3:07am by AlamoSweets

Biebelenyip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biebelenyip Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 6

hi,

Long time no see icon_wink.gif Dear son is turning 8 next sunday. And after a whole month of pretending he didn't want a cake - he finally decided he does want one )-: Something with tigers, preferrably stacked.
I was thinking about something with a footprint, or a tigerprint, but can't find an example. Is there any one who has a suggestion?
Thnx.

5 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 10 May 2007 , 11:20am
post #2 of 6

Take a look at enchanted learning. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/mammals/tiger/
This may help.

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:01am
post #3 of 6

The Whimsical Bakehouse book has some cool animal cakes...they make the tigers and everything out of candy melt transfers...try searching the forums/galleries for tiger cakes.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:26am
post #4 of 6

Here is an easy solution. Take a look at these cakes I made my Grandson when he wanted a jungle theme. You can do the same things with tiger and other prints. All it is is one of the brown hat boxes you buy at Michaels or Hobby Lobby (the ones you are suppose to paint or whatever). I turned them upside down and decopaged tissue paper on them. I used the cigar cookies to look like bamboo and placed some animals on top. I surrounded each with small pots of ivy I purchased at Walmart to give it the jungle effect. These were the easiest cakes I have ever done and they have received the most comments. I hope this helps.
LL

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoSweets

Here is an easy solution. Take a look at these cakes I made my Grandson when he wanted a jungle theme. You can do the same things with tiger and other prints. All it is is one of the brown hat boxes you buy at Michaels or Hobby Lobby (the ones you are suppose to paint or whatever). I turned them upside down and decopaged tissue paper on them. I used the cigar cookies to look like bamboo and placed some animals on top. I surrounded each with small pots of ivy I purchased at Walmart to give it the jungle effect. These were the easiest cakes I have ever done and they have received the most comments. I hope this helps.

AlamoSweets...those are AWESOME! What a great idea!

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #6 of 6

Ladybug,
There are better pics in my photos for details. The cool thing about those boxes is that you can make 3 smaller cakes, 3 flavors and they are so fast! Plus, the box then goes to the child's room for storage of the tigers and such. I guarantee you will get lots and lots of praise for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%