Gumpaste Question

Decorating By cevans Updated 9 May 2007 , 9:50pm by ladysonja

cevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cevans Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 4

I have never used gumpaste mixed with fondant and want to try it. Can you eat the gumpaste/fondant figure? I have searched for this question but I haven't found the answer, so I knew someone here at cc would know!! icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the help!!
Cheryl

3 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 4

Theoretically they are edible, but they wouldn't taste very good. Just sweet and quite hard. There is a candy called Necco Wafers, if you have ever eaten those, you have eaten gumpaste, same for the Altoid Mints that are curiously strong.

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

Theoretically they are edible, but they wouldn't taste very good. Just sweet and quite hard. There is a candy called Necco Wafers, if you have ever eaten those, you have eaten gumpaste, same for the Altoid Mints that are curiously strong.

I LOVE Necco Wafers icon_biggrin.gif I never knew that, thanks for that tidbit Shirley. Next time I make a figure I don't like, I'll just eat it's head.

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 4

I broke one of my Gumpaste/Fondant figures... So my DH thought he would bite the head off it to be a smarty pants... Next thing I know, he's spitting it on the floor saying, "this is nasty!" icon_eek.gif

I looked at him and said, "Well Dear, that part was to look at not eat!" icon_confused.gif

You had to be there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%