Where Can I Get Chocolate Cigarillos??

Decorating By sugartopped Updated 6 Jun 2006 , 2:28am by sugartopped

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:19am
post #1 of 18

I've been trying to make these darn things for the past week and I'm just not having luck. Probably not using the right kinda chocolate...I've 3 types that I can get around here)....but just can't get it to work.

I've searched the net but can't seem to find a company that sells in the US. Anyone every purschase these??

17 replies
chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:23am
post #2 of 18

Have you checked with a local bakery? Alot of them will make them for their cakes and sell them also separately. Depending on what you are using them for too, you could always use those Pirouette cookies instead if those would work. I have a pic in my gallery that shows that. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:24am
post #3 of 18
sugartopped Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:31am
post #4 of 18

yep, but I need it to be all chocolate....NO cookie w/it!

and chefdot....noone around here does them!! they won't even do fondant! icon_confused.gif but I need it to be all chocolate b/c it has to be gluten free.......i would have loved to be able to just slap some pirouette cookies on there!!

this is what I'm looking for:http://www.traceyscakes.co.uk/pagesnew/usefulinformation/shop_classes.htm

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:33am
post #5 of 18

sorry they don't sell them out there... wish they were easier to make myself since they do cost alot if you do buy them.

sugartopped Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:36am
post #6 of 18

I've found a couple companies that sell them...but not to the US!! icon_cry.gif

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:46am
post #7 of 18
edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:51am
post #8 of 18

another one:
http://www.1800gourmet.com/Product.aspx?ct=7&pid=1552

they all seem to be quite expensive, sorry icon_sad.gif

Also, they all seem to recommend next day delivery (which makes sense, really) but it appears to double the price.

sugartopped Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 2:26pm
post #9 of 18

thanks, edencakes. exactly what i'm looking for (althought I don't I like their name for them!!). but anyway...def. more than I'm willing to pay for a cake that I'm not making any $$ off. Just really like how these look and wanted to try it out!!

Guess I'm going back to the drawing board and will figure out to make them on my own!!

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:10pm
post #10 of 18

Try Godiva Chocolatier. I don't know their website offhand. I do know they sell them in the stores in Houston.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:18pm
post #11 of 18

Yeah! Godiva!

It would mean a trip to the mall, perhaps...

That Edencakes--she's always so helpful AND resourceful!

--Knox--

sugartopped Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:52pm
post #12 of 18

I tired the Godiva site, but couldn't find anything on there. Unfortunately, no good chocolate places in my area.....well none that I'm aware of anyway! thumbsdown.gificon_sad.gif

Since I'm so stuck on this idea....I was thinking about just rolling my Choco fondant to make the sticks?? I think that would give the same look??

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 5:01pm
post #13 of 18

How about a chocolate mold in the shape of cigars? You could probably find on by doing a google. Then just get melting chocolate (Hobby Lobby, Michaels and even Wal-Marts sells them) and make your own that way.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 5:03pm
post #14 of 18

You can get them at www.berylscakes.com. I forgot how much they are but were expensive with the postage compared to what they can be bought for at Ambassador Foods in Los Angeles at $23 for a 2lb box. It has over a hundred cigarellos. Los Angeles is where I live. If there is any help that you may need please let me know. They do have a catalogue and some things can only be bought in volume. But others not. That's good too because they have fondant, not Wiltons, Merkens choc.,Callebaut etc. that you don't have to buy in huge quantities.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 5:06pm
post #15 of 18

Sorry, If you go to Beryls online you may not see them. You can call her and she will help with all the info. She is one of the few places, at least that I know of, where you don't need to buy choc. transfer sheets in large quantities.

sugartopped Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 6:17pm
post #16 of 18

Thanks fearless, I was actually at that site last night, but didn't see them. So maybe I'll send her email!!

islandije Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
islandije Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 2:16am
post #17 of 18

Hi there! I too have been searching high and low for a company in the states that carries Cigarillos. I finally found one today for a business located in Dallas, TX - www.gourmetinternational.com. They cost $26 for a pack of 172. That's relatively inexpensive considering the UK companies sell theirs for 23 pounds. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find a company in FL.

sugartopped Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 2:28am
post #18 of 18

that's the cheapest so far from the few sites on these posts!! but the shipping is going to break me!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%