Where To Purchase Americolor Gels?

Decorating By darkchocolate Updated 19 Mar 2016 , 6:34pm by chanti11y

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:05am
post #1 of 10

Are AmeriColor gels sold at Michael's or Hobby Lobby? I have always used Wilton but want to try AmeriColor after hearing a lot of great reviews.

I have found them on line and I was shocked that Amazon sold the student 12 pack for double what I have seen other places online. I was looking at Cakes By Sam and they have a $4.50 charge in addition to S&H but that isn't so bad after seeing what Amazon is charging. I also want to buy a Magic Line 9x13 pan.

I love to bake but I have always had an interest in decorating and want to learn on my own (with the help of this board) this summer. I have also requested some books and videos from my public library.

darkchocolate

9 replies
subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:12am
post #2 of 10

You can order americolor from this site. I never have, though.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 1:06am
post #3 of 10

You can get them on CC for a great price! they are the lowest price i have found so far.

To my knowledge there are not any Michaels or Hobby Lobby's that sell Americolor gels.

As for Magic Line pans I have great service through KitchenKrafts.com I haven't ordered any magic line pans from them yet b/c they were not carrying them when i bought mine. But i have bought a lot of things from them and awesome service and reasonable S&H.

HTH

Leily

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:29am
post #4 of 10

I just received a set of Americolor that I ordered from Sugarcraft. And also got a 9x13 MagicLine pan from E-bay. Can't wait to use them

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 10

Right here from CC they ship really quick and the customer service is great and they definitely have the best price.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 10

I don't know about Hobby Lobby, but Michael's only sells Wilton products.
You could also try calling around to your local cake decorating supply stores.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 10

My local cake decorator supply sells them, but with the sale price here they're cheaper...even with shipping.

WebDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WebDiva Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 10

I just ordered some from here (CC) last week and they were at my home (I'm in MD) in 2 days! And the price was great.

I used them over the weekend and I'm dumping all of my other colors now! The Americolors were so vibrant and beautiful and I had to use very little to get the desired color. I'm going to order enough to replace my other colors, I was THAT impressed.

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 10

I am so glad that so many of you are happy with AmeriColors and Cake Central. I placed an order last night from here and I am really looking forward to receiving them. Of course, I wanted some of the colors that were out of stock, so I will have to keep a close eye out for when a new shipment comes in.

I bought 14 of the .75oz bottles. My question is this, how fast are you going through a bottle this size? I am wondering if I should be buying two or three bottles of the colors I would use the most. In the past I have used the Wilton colors and I am so excited to hear "read" the AmeriColor is superior to Wilton.

I now need a Magic Line pan but I would have to wait one month to order from this site (the pans should be in then). I am not sure I want to wait that long.

darkchocolate

chanti11y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanti11y Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 6:34pm
post #10 of 10

hello! I am a newbie here, could you please give me link for CC online store, I need to purchase gel food  coloring asap. Thank you ☺️

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%