Where To Purchase Americolor Gels?

Decorating By darkchocolate Updated 19 Mar 2016 , 6:34pm by chanti11y

darkchocolate Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:05am
post #1 of 10

Are AmeriColor gels sold at Michael's or Hobby Lobby? I have always used Wilton but want to try AmeriColor after hearing a lot of great reviews.

I have found them on line and I was shocked that Amazon sold the student 12 pack for double what I have seen other places online. I was looking at Cakes By Sam and they have a $4.50 charge in addition to S&H but that isn't so bad after seeing what Amazon is charging. I also want to buy a Magic Line 9x13 pan.

I love to bake but I have always had an interest in decorating and want to learn on my own (with the help of this board) this summer. I have also requested some books and videos from my public library.

9 replies
subaru Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:12am
post #2 of 10

You can order americolor from this site. I never have, though.

leily Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 1:06am
post #3 of 10

You can get them on CC for a great price! they are the lowest price i have found so far.

To my knowledge there are not any Michaels or Hobby Lobby's that sell Americolor gels.

As for Magic Line pans I have great service through KitchenKrafts.com I haven't ordered any magic line pans from them yet b/c they were not carrying them when i bought mine. But i have bought a lot of things from them and awesome service and reasonable S&H.

fat-sissy Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:29am
post #4 of 10

I just received a set of Americolor that I ordered from Sugarcraft. And also got a 9x13 MagicLine pan from E-bay. Can't wait to use them

jackie64 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 10

Right here from CC they ship really quick and the customer service is great and they definitely have the best price.

cakesbycathy Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 10

I don't know about Hobby Lobby, but Michael's only sells Wilton products.
You could also try calling around to your local cake decorating supply stores.

Crimsicle Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 10

My local cake decorator supply sells them, but with the sale price here they're cheaper...even with shipping.

WebDiva Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 10

I just ordered some from here (CC) last week and they were at my home (I'm in MD) in 2 days! And the price was great.

I used them over the weekend and I'm dumping all of my other colors now! The Americolors were so vibrant and beautiful and I had to use very little to get the desired color. I'm going to order enough to replace my other colors, I was THAT impressed.

darkchocolate Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 10

I am so glad that so many of you are happy with AmeriColors and Cake Central. I placed an order last night from here and I am really looking forward to receiving them. Of course, I wanted some of the colors that were out of stock, so I will have to keep a close eye out for when a new shipment comes in.

I bought 14 of the .75oz bottles. My question is this, how fast are you going through a bottle this size? I am wondering if I should be buying two or three bottles of the colors I would use the most. In the past I have used the Wilton colors and I am so excited to hear "read" the AmeriColor is superior to Wilton.

I now need a Magic Line pan but I would have to wait one month to order from this site (the pans should be in then). I am not sure I want to wait that long.

chanti11y Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 6:34pm
post #10 of 10

hello! I am a newbie here, could you please give me link for CC online store, I need to purchase gel food  coloring asap. Thank you ☺️

Quote by @%username% on %date%