Firefighter Wedding

Decorating By olana11 Updated 15 May 2007 , 5:08am by LaSombra

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:52am
post #1 of 17

Someone asked me about doing a wedding cake for a firefighter theme.... I told her I have never done a wedding cake before,,,..just stacked and scukpted cake. She seemd very open to the "shpe" of the cake she just really wanted to keep it in the theme...I was hoping to come up with something some what elegant or even whimsical......... any ideas????????

16 replies
calvarykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calvarykari Posted 9 May 2007 , 11:07am
post #2 of 17

How about a firefighter climbing a ladder up the side of an elegant building cake to get the bride at the top, maybe a gazebo area?

Firetuck decorated with Just Married banner and bride and groom riding on it.

HTH

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 9 May 2007 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 17

How about a pretty, elegant wedding cake with the bride on the top and a firetruck next to the cake with the ladder going up the cake and the firefighter reaching the top of the ladder. Is that too much? icon_lol.gif My mind starts going crazy with ideas - I usually get myself into trouble with my suggestions to customers. Then I start thinking to myself, "OMG, can I really do this?" icon_confused.gif It usually comes out ok in the end, though... Hope I helped a little bit icon_smile.gif

Rcrewof10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rcrewof10 Posted 9 May 2007 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 17

Using sq cake pans build one on top of another. on the bottom level use the side of the cake to make it look like buildings (windows, brick type pattern). one the next level have flames going up that level. the next level again building like pattern. on the top put a house w/ her. on the side of the top cake put him there. below him a ladder that goes down to each level. if you need more cake then a 3-d firetruck w/ a hose from there to the top. You could put a message of "Saving her from the life of singleton" type thing. Also for the grooms cake, here on cake central they have a 3-d helmet.

If this doesn't make any sense let me know and i'll draw a picture icon_smile.gif

Michele
wife of a firefighter icon_smile.gif

olana11 Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:27am
post #5 of 17

Wow! Yes!!! These are the ideas I was looking for!!! icon_lol.gif

...........Rcrewof10,.. it does make sense but a picture always helps too icon_razz.gif

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:41am
post #6 of 17

Wow, you guys are coming up with some great stuff.

I love the building ideas or the elegant cake with the bride being rescued.

Best thing to do is to make some picture of things you can realistically do and since you make wonderfull stuff, you will be able to come up with some great stuff.

I suggest looking at the drawing that "DOUG" has in his pics.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-doug.html

That would be a great place to get started by having a good idea what you can do with your pans and what looks nice. You can probably print it and then re-read some of these great idea and you will be able to decorate your cake with all kinds of stuff.

Good Luck.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:44am
post #7 of 17

Not my cakes, they were on some wedding website....
but they are cool!!!!
Maybe some good inspiration for ya!!!
LL
LL
LL

Rcrewof10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rcrewof10 Posted 10 May 2007 , 11:18am
post #8 of 17

The top picture is pretty close to what I was picturing in my mind. I love the last picture!! That is really neat.

Let us know what you end up doing and what it looks like icon_smile.gif

Michele

olana11 Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:44pm
post #9 of 17

What can I make a ladder out of????????????? It would have to be pretty srong.........

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:49pm
post #10 of 17

gumpaste!!!!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrewof10

The top picture is pretty close to what I was picturing in my mind. I love the last picture!! That is really neat.

Let us know what you end up doing and what it looks like icon_smile.gif

Michele

I'm pretty sure that top picture was done by a woman in TN for a channel 4 wedding...it was really great!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:04pm
post #12 of 17

...couldn't you make a ladder outta pretzel rods and sticks??? Covered in chocolate????
icon_confused.gif
Hmmm.....what else.......

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:24am
post #13 of 17

What about a ladder made from royal icing? Or would that be too fragile?

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:38pm
post #14 of 17

Now, see my mind went in an entirely different idea. I may be too late for the suggestions part as I see we've moved on to the execution phase. My thought was fireman boots with a firehat next to high heels and a tiara/veil type thing, draping over the fire stuff somehow.

And quite cheesy phrase along the lines of "We found the fire he can't put out."

olana11 Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:45am
post #15 of 17

Yea, I was thinking royal icing too! .....
OMG,I like the boots and high heels idea,....not sure if that's out of my league though,..but I'll roll it around in my brain for a while thumbs_up.gif

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 15 May 2007 , 4:47am
post #16 of 17

I saw your pumpkin cake! I think you could do it!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:08am
post #17 of 17

wow, those cakes are amazing! I love the one that looks like a building with the square cakes!!

Mike's amazing cakes has a cool firefighter-themed one on his site:

http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/wedding.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%