June Cookie Club Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 30 Jun 2006 , 2:53pm by mis

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 2:10pm
post #31 of 64

Oh, and yes I love Martha's cookie recipe. I tried the no fail once and have gone back to Martha's. I add 1 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 1/2 tsp almond extract to this recipe. You must keep the dough refrigerated so that the cookies don't spread so after I cut them I put them in the frig. again before baking.

newcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakelady Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 1:13pm
post #32 of 64

Ladyonzlake,
You did a great job on all of your cookies!! Congratulations on doing so well at poker. Was your dh giving you tips on the way over?LOL.

Hardygirl,

Your shoes are awesome!! Great details. thumbs_up.gif

ladyonzlake Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 6:11pm
post #33 of 64

Actually my dh didn't give me any tips on the way over but after he was out of the game he came to my table (we played at separate tables) and started coaching me. Since I was winning big time it wasn't appreciated by the other players so they asked him to leave and it was probably better that way...it's kinda a stressful game and my hands were shaking the whole time...even though it's not real money you feel like it is with all of those chips in front of you!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 20 Jun 2006 , 12:11am
post #34 of 64

Great job guy. I love those father's day tie cookie. The running shoes are neat too. Cool idea for the poker cookies.

newcakelady Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 12:43pm
post #35 of 64

Come oooon everybody (whining). I need to see more cookies!!!! icon_cry.gif

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 6:04am
post #36 of 64

Wow all the entries this month are great ! I could not even pick a favorite.

Well this is my first entry also, growing up my dad use to dive alot, and still fishes and goes crabing - so my entry is ocean themed for fathers day.
LL

newcakelady Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 11:34am
post #37 of 64

Great job coffeecake!! I love the octopus!! thumbs_up.gif

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 1:00pm
post #38 of 64

Wow coffeecake - Love the job you did on your cookies and the presentation. I love the little crab and the way he sits low in the "sand". I like your story as well. (Made me a little misty-eyed. )

Really great!

kos

ladyonzlake Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 1:39pm
post #39 of 64

I love your theme coffeecake! Great cookies!

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:12pm
post #40 of 64

Thanks everyone! I really like the Octopus too newcakelady! - I guess should have added all the cookie details - Never Fail Cookies, standard royal icing, the crab has some red sanding sugar. The container I found at Rite-Aid for $1.00 ( thumbs_up.gif ) and I food-processed vanilla wafers for the sand (and added blue tissue paper so that the 'sand' would not go all over). The shells are molded candy wafers.

Thanks again for all the great comments- my day is now off to great start king.gif !

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 7:30pm
post #41 of 64

Great job coffeecake! Really cute! thumbs_up.gif

Hardygirl18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hardygirl18 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 8:58pm
post #42 of 64

I have finally had a minute to look at all the cookies in the "June Cookie Club"... I love everyone's cookies.
Coffeecake- your cookies are too cute. what a great presentation.
newcakelady-- I absolutely love the beer bottles..
tayesmama- Love the ties... did you use a cookie cutter? If so, where did you get it?
ladyonzlake-your cookies are great!! Congratulations on the poker game.
Great job everyone... thumbs_up.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 24 Jun 2006 , 2:14pm
post #43 of 64

Would someone please let me know the last day to post cookie pictures for Father's Day cookies? Thanks so much.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 24 Jun 2006 , 4:41pm
post #44 of 64

Hardygirl18- No I didn't use a cookie cutter. I went on the internet and found a coloring page of a tie and then printed it out in the size I wanted and pasted it onto cardboard. Then I just used that as a template to cut it. But if your looking for cute inexpensive cutters I suggest www.cookiecutter.com I've ordered from them and they have some really cute ones! icon_smile.gif

Samsgranny- I think the last day would most likely be the last day of June although I'm sure no one would pitch a fit if it was a couple days after LOL icon_razz.gif

Samsgranny Posted 24 Jun 2006 , 5:25pm
post #45 of 64

Thanks, Taysmama, looks like I'd better get on it!

Hardygirl18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hardygirl18 Posted 24 Jun 2006 , 6:40pm
post #46 of 64

Thanks tayesmama... I will take a look.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 4:25pm
post #47 of 64

coffecakes - love the ocean theme!

everyone - I've posted a new thread about the next monthly theme. It's called "July cookie club theme ideas." Share your thoughts!

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 9:56pm
post #48 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyonzlake

Well, here's my airplane cookies for Father's Day for my Father-n-law. I made a pink one for my Mother-n-law. Martha's recipe with royal icing.

Hello! Love your airplaines! Could you post the Martha's cookie recipe or is it on the recipe section of this site?

Thank you!

ladyonzlake Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 11:03pm
post #49 of 64

You can find it on Martha Stewarts web site. It's the one with the picture of the snowflake cookies.

Kos Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 3:09am
post #50 of 64

Okay, here are my Father's Day cookies. When my girls asked my husband what he wanted for Father's Day, he said, "a '66 VW microbus with a split windshield". Well, he got it...sort of. icon_lol.gif

I tried a new recipe, Vanilla Sugar Cookie. The cookies came out rock-hard at first but were really soft and quite good the next day. More chewy than No Fails. Not sure I will make them again though. The icing is Wilton's Pour Cookie. Had some problems with the icing being too runny for the "VW" but my husband was happy! icon_rolleyes.gif

kos
LL

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 4:13am
post #51 of 64

VERY Groovy KOS!

tayesmama Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 6:48am
post #52 of 64

TOO CUTE!!! Did you make the VW cutter??

newcakelady Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 11:15am
post #53 of 64

Awww!! These are awesome, Kos!! How did the Wilton icing taste? Do you think it would be good to fill with and maybe not for details? I love the tie dye!! thumbs_up.gif

Smvoss99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smvoss99 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:47am
post #54 of 64

Hello everyone~
This is my very first post. I'm mainly a lurker but decided to give this Father's Day cookie theme a shot. Don't bash me too bad! icon_smile.gif
My dad is a huge John Deere fan and owner of most machinery-what more than John Deere cookies for him.
Rolled fondant on chocolate no fail cookies is the tractor and rolled fondant with runny royal icing as the deer.

Smvoss99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smvoss99 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:53am
post #55 of 64

Sorry about that... here is the picture.
LL

tayesmama Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 6:04am
post #56 of 64

OMG!! Anybody who would bash you over those would be insane!!! They are great!! Awesome "Deere" by the way...

newcakelady Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:27am
post #57 of 64

I can't believe these are your first cookies!! They are great. I bet your dad loved them!! thumbs_up.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:40am
post #58 of 64

Awesome cookies. I bet your Dad was thrilled to get those.

Kos Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 1:04pm
post #59 of 64

Smvoss99 ...first time?...gulp icon_eek.gif

Holy Schmokes those are great cookies! Add to the fact the use of fondant and royal icing... WoW! You're a natural!

thumbs_up.gif
kos

Samsgranny Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:53pm
post #60 of 64

I got so excited that I could finally post that I forgot to add my picture here. Hope I didn't disqualify myself!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%