Ugliest Cake In The World...where's My Prize?

Decorating By Steph2325 Updated 19 May 2007 , 4:34pm by lilie

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:45am
post #31 of 85

When I first saw the title of your post I thought to myself "Here we go... someone made a cake that they think isn't good but really is". Well I have to say.... You weren't lying!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but as delicious as your cake sounds, it's too bad it really IS soooo ugly! *thinking* I can't believe I just said that to someone. Please don't hate me icon_sad.gif

Lazy_Susan

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 9 May 2007 , 8:00am
post #32 of 85

I was thinking the same thing as a few others, "Oh, she's just saying that...I'm sure it's fine." Then I opened the thread...
Oh my, that IS an ugly cake! lol

Thanks for sharing and for having a good sense of humor.

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:00pm
post #33 of 85

Pretty ugly, but it sounds delicious!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:02am
post #34 of 85

OMG! I couldn't go to the gym today and I don't think I need to after looking at the cake and reading all the posts. I just burned off probably 1,000 calories from laughing!

Your cake is ugly, but it sounds great!

Have you seen the post your wedding cake picture thread. There is a real ugly one in there too. The bride and groom said they think someone used lettuce to spruce it up.

Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:49am
post #35 of 85

I'm glad my cake got some laughs. I too, have burned several thousand calories laughing at all the posts.

Pretty cakes are the new "BORING!"

Steph

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:53am
post #36 of 85

icon_eek.gif - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif !!!

Thank you for sharing this!!! Absolutely the funniest thread I have ever seen on this site! You've got me thinking about mother's day ...

Bless you and your MIL is not the only one with a great sense of humour! I have to go to the bathroom now ....laughing too hard!

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:54am
post #37 of 85

It makes me think of Oscar the Grouch icon_biggrin.gif

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:56am
post #38 of 85

Had to look again ... I don't know if it's the day I'm having or what, but that makes me laugh to the point of tears everytime! The way you titled your post, then the way you tell your story ... good grief ... now I'm snorting!! Thank you, thank you for sharing that! Did you get a picture of your MIL's face when she first saw it? Gawd... I'm laughing so hard I can't type ... ahhhhh, you must be a FUN family!

Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:04am
post #39 of 85

I had to laugh at this cake! If you add yellow, and make the icing runnier, you'd have the color of my first cake ever .... Ugly cakes happen to good people!!! icon_lol.gif

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 10 May 2007 , 10:25am
post #40 of 85

This is just the cake to liven up that old "Post your worst cake" thread that was so popular a while back. You are a great sport to post that one.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #41 of 85

Okay, I say we name this new color. Do I hear "Poo poo green"? How about "Cow Patty delite"? icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:12pm
post #42 of 85

I vote for cow patty delight.

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:24pm
post #43 of 85

I like Cow Patty Delite too. Anyone else?

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:44pm
post #44 of 85

icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif You guys are killing me!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif

Seriously though......... detective.gif Cow Patty absolutely!

Good for you to post it! icon_wink.gif

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:51pm
post #45 of 85

OMG............................This is the funniest thing I ever saw. I have been laughing now for about 5 minutes,my husband thaught I was crasy(he did anyway,before this) and I showed him and all he could say was "OMG"But you know what,,,,,,,,,,it really does look like cement and I hope you remembered what you did so you can share it with us so we can use it to do house cakes. Thats great for the brickwork!!!!!!!!!!! I love it..you made my day Thank you.

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:59pm
post #46 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajeepthing0196

It looks like your cake threw up!!! icon_lol.gif

this made me laugh so hard, my kids came running to see what was the matter!!!

The cake does look aweful...maybe a good idea for a cake for a contruction worker..think of the positive!!!

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:01pm
post #47 of 85

I forgot.....................and hubby just reminded me. Years ago,when I was dying my hair.well.......................... It looked exactly that color.Although I cried at that one. It got even better when Hubby tried to fix it. It turned Pumpkin Orange. I wish I had a pic now!!!!!! (im still laughing)Your a good sport

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:03pm
post #48 of 85

so tell us...how do you really feel about your MIL? hahahahahahaa thank God she is a good sport!!!!

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:09pm
post #49 of 85

your cake is soo bad, my 3 year old could only say ewww yuck! what is that? I would not eat that cake.

still laughing..
this is the funny post ever!
thanks for the laugh

pastrybiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrybiz Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:21pm
post #50 of 85

My mistakes have been many; they are usually trashed. My question; did you think the frosting would magically change to a lovely color once you placed it on the cake or were you in the often times situation where" I'm out of time; gotta go with it". The one time I was in that situation I presented a too fresh cake that kept sliding everywhere and had to listen to snide comments. Oh well; sometimes we have to eat our mistakes. Good thing; I've learned from my mistakes and I bet you have too; in fact you have probably evolved into a master colorist. Thanks for the story and your refreshing honesty and humour.

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:24pm
post #51 of 85

You know, upon further inspection of this cake, I think if you had gone with a red velvet cake and this icing we could call your cake the "road kill delite." icon_biggrin.gif As it stands we'll just have to settle for the Cow Patty delite! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:41pm
post #52 of 85

bobwonderbuns: "Road Kill Delite"! I could barely eat it as it was...you're making me gag over here! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif That's damn funny.

As the creator of this icing color... AHEM... all further mentions of this color will now be refered to as "Mother-In-Laws Birthday". HAHAHA icon_biggrin.gif

Any objections?
Speak now or I will make you one of these.

Steph

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:51pm
post #53 of 85

Mother in Law's birthday. Hmmmm. I still like Cow Patty Delite. icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:06pm
post #54 of 85

ok, I've got a picture of an ugly cake here to share...I did it a couple years ago now...It was luckily just a practice cake. I put way too many peaches in the filling and the dam exploded. icon_eek.gif We ate it with a spoon icon_lol.gif

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b332724b6504&v=67b0de21b74bb2d68403

oh and that color...ewwww icon_razz.gif Thanks for being a good sport and sharing hehe

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:08pm
post #55 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

ok, I've got a picture of an ugly cake here to share...I did it a couple years ago now...It was luckily just a practice cake. I put way too many peaches in the filling and the dam exploded. icon_eek.gif We ate it with a spoon icon_lol.gif

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b332724b6504&v=67b0de21b74bb2d68403

oh and that color...ewwww icon_razz.gif Thanks for being a good sport and sharing hehe

LaSombra, the link won't work, says the session has timed out. icon_cry.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:10pm
post #56 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

hm. That's weird icon_confused.gif Does this one work any better?

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaM2zlq5ZOWGP

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:11pm
post #57 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

hm. That's weird icon_confused.gif Does this one work any better?

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaM2zlq5ZOWGP

icon_confused.gif Oh my, yes. Hmmmm. That's quite a cake you got there... hmmmmm... icon_confused.gif I'm really going to have to post my exploding cake -- I call it my "autopsy gone bad cake." You'll see why! icon_confused.gif

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:22pm
post #58 of 85

Do you guys remember a thread about posting your worst cake? What's in that thread is hysterical. This could go in that thread. We should have a gallery for these pictures, Lord knows we all have one.

funfoodie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funfoodie2 Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:34pm
post #59 of 85

You can make it your signature cake and call it your "trash can cake" icon_biggrin.gif

lisasweeta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisasweeta Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:37pm
post #60 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2325

As the creator of this icing color... AHEM... all further mentions of this color will now be refered to as "Mother-In-Laws Birthday". HAHAHA icon_biggrin.gif

Any objections?
Speak now or I will make you one of these.

Steph

You are a riot!!! I prefer "Cement Celebration", myself, but as the creator, you certainly have first rights!! icon_lol.gif Now, is there any chance that you'll share your recipe for the filling? Because, THAT looks and sounds delish!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%