I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

popcornbrown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
popcornbrown Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:46am
post #781 of 11980

I am glad to see this article I thought that I was the only one to think it tasted bad and I have tried adding powdered sugar and flavoring to help but no good results still looking for a good fondant people ask for it but I won;t do fondent because of the taste

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:48am
post #782 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliequeen

Hey Termite.... I know a man nick named Termite and he too is in SC.... yOU AREN'T HIM ARE YOU icon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

LOL, no I'm not really a guy - there's no picture on my nightstand of any man! But this is funny since we were on the subject of lipo at one point. I got the nickname termite from a dear friend of mine (whom I always say should be my mother) o about 10+ years ago. I used to eat and eat and eat and then eat just a little bit more and never gain any weight so she called me a little termite (and she still does to this day). Long gone are those days of not gaining any weight - psh...

nrctermite Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:50am
post #783 of 11980

Oh no popcorn! (BTW, welcome) You need to either make your own fondant or buy some other type. I hear FondX is good. A few pages earlier (oh about 20 pages maybe?) there are some links to 2 websites that offer some tasty fondant, from what I hear. My samples are on the way. I sure do hope that helps you. icon_biggrin.gif

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:51am
post #784 of 11980

Hey that's why they called him termite too!!!! Small world huh? He lives in Darlington though.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:52am
post #785 of 11980

Nikki you're cookies are so cute, don't put yourself down. And the fondant on that spongebob cake is great. Plus you're funny and that in itself is enough to be here. I don't think I'm that good, but my neighbors rave. My husband thinks I'm impatient and settle and could do better if I gave it more effort. But after baking the cakes and making the icing and coloring it all and cleaning up that half, I'm just done for. Then I still have to ice and decorate the sucker? Icing it smooth takes forver and I've NEVER been happy with that.

shhh.gif Plus, I normally start at last minute...like the night before its due.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:54am
post #786 of 11980

OH MY Gosh I stopped for dinner on one post left on page 49!!! Now we are on 53!!

Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:54am
post #787 of 11980

Popcorn. call this number.. 1-800-207-2750 this is the# for Caljava the maker of Fondex. Tell them you got their # from Here Comes The Cake Mag and would like some samples... mine are on the way!!!!

marthajo1 Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:59am
post #788 of 11980

Side note from page 51---

I think it is funny how sometimes you have no frame of reference for the size of a cake! ie the BE cake! Holy cow!

nrctermite Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:02am
post #789 of 11980

Okay Julie, that's kinda freaky icon_confused.gif ! Actually Darlington is not too terribly far from here. I had to stop there once and pee on my way to Raleigh.

Monica, your too kind - and you know, no one has EVER called me funny! Wow, I really DO love this thread! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif But really I think everyone here is very, very talented and I do feel I'm learning a lot. I still do not know how in the world you bake all of those cakes, clean the house (somewhat), take care of a kid, dance to great 80s music and get on here and talk - now THAT'S talent!

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:07am
post #790 of 11980

Woo Hoo...I finally made it back after a trip to Costco and dinner. You all have been chatty. I can't wait to see Shrek 3, but it got bad reviews. Tomorrow its manicure and pedicure day and then the movies. I'm a stay at home mom to a 17 month old and I need a day. I didn't even give my husband a chance to say no... icon_surprised.gif.

Seems a lot of people have family in AZ...small world...I live here. It is HOT!!!!

BTW...Has anyone done a gumpaste shoe?? I tired it, but it was not good. I trashed it. I guess I was too brave for my first cake ever.

Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:08am
post #791 of 11980

Termite I'll say it again... ZAZU QUOTE.... It's a small world after all..It's a small world after all.

nrctermite Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:10am
post #792 of 11980

Well ladies, my cakes are done (yeah, that's been an hour ago) so I really must go to bed. I usually do not come up to my "work area" on the weekend. But since that is where my home computer is too and now I'm thoroughly addicted to this thread, I guess I'll have to pencil in some time to come up and chat (and by golly catch up) I'm scared to be gone for too many days the pages will be over 100. Like Cathy did, I'll make a note of the page I leave on, now what page am I on? Good night all! Have a good weekend

linzcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linzcakes Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:10am
post #793 of 11980

I'm not sure if someone wrote this or not, I didn't read all 53 pages. Most pre-made fondant absorbs the taste of what it is surrounded by. It is in plastic, so it tastes like plactic. If you ever need to use it agin, you can put an open container of flavoring in your cake box over night.

Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:11am
post #794 of 11980

I might try the shoe pretty soon here. I am planning to make a Wizard of Oz cake for my final teired cake for course 3. I need ruby slippers... might as well make them... Speaking of whicH I SHOULD BE MAKING (incert wicked witch of the west voice here) POPPIES.... POPPIES.... Poison poppies...

marthajo1 Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:12am
post #795 of 11980

Popcorn I bought and really liked pettinice fondant.

I also tried making my own and it wasn't that bad (hard wise). I tried sophie belle's jello fondant http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3413-SophieBelles-Jello-Fondant.html . Which is great if you can have really strong flavor on your cake. (I want to do a chocolate cake with strawberry fondant)

I also tried toba Garrett's fondant recipe posted by lilscakes. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2127-Toba-Garretts-fondant.html . It was very good and perfectly white! I used coconut to flavor it.

nrctermite Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:13am
post #796 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliequeen

Termite I'll say it again... ZAZU QUOTE.... It's a small world after all..It's a small world after all.

O great, I just had to read one more post now I'll be waking up in the middle of the night "It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world". Janette had me on Jeopardy, baby while baking and now this. LOL Thanks and I'm not reading any more posts until tomorrow, just checking my page number and going to bed...

Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:16am
post #797 of 11980

I made MMF iT WAS YUMMY BUT... HARD TO WORK WITH.I even posted this on one of the boards before I found this lovely thread (rope... lifeline)
Someone said to omit the water and add 1/2c of crisco... which brings me to the whole new trans fat free crisco.... Should I use new or old crisco for this? I think thatthe moisture was the prob. So next time I'll do the crisco thing.

marthajo1 Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:18am
post #798 of 11980

Hey guys Someone needs help and is getting super frustrated.... can you help with smoothing square cake fondant...

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-296603.html

Linzcakes-- does that work????

Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:22am
post #799 of 11980

PLEASE PLEASE SOME ONE STOP ME FROM POSTING. As of yesterday I had 8 count em 8 post!!!!!! Now i'm up to 78!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh geezzzz

CakesbyMonica Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:33am
post #800 of 11980

BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!
THAT'S IT...SLOWLY...EH! NO, I SAID DON'T TOUCH!

Did that help? Try making a giant cake due tomorrow. My posting has gone down tremendously. icon_smile.gif I just take breaks now and again and try to catch up. By the time I come back I have 4 pages to read, so I don't get much of a break...

Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:39am
post #801 of 11980

I don't think that's gonna do it!!!!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:10am
post #802 of 11980

Cant' talk

Tired

Tomorrow

Night, night

CakesbyMonica Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:14am
post #803 of 11980

Will fondant dry overnight? Aaah! Why do I wait until the last minute?! What if I mix gumtex in it? and its flat?

marthajo1 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:16am
post #804 of 11980

Monica what are you making?

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:28am
post #805 of 11980

Wow, I put the computer down for a minute, DS#1 takes it and 2 hours later I get to get back on and read 4 pages!!! GEEZ, I missed the fun!!

cathyfowler662 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:31am
post #806 of 11980

Julie, when this thread started 10 - 11 days ago, I had about 20 posts.....man, I'm getting up there quickly too! I just have to compete with my kids for the computer.....I liked it when they were little kids and I told them to go play, now I say that and they grab the computer!!

marthajo1 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:32am
post #807 of 11980

I think I need to go to bed! Saturday is a big day on the farm! Okay its not really a farm but still. We are usually outside all day! I guess I will see youguys round about 60! icon_lol.gif

Monica I hope it works out. Maybe if it isn't on cake you could put it in the oven with just the light on??

cathyfowler662 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:38am
post #808 of 11980

Nite Marthajo! Have a great weekend!!

Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:47am
post #809 of 11980

Yeah I'm off to bed too... It's almost 2AM here. I should say back to bes... Was there had to get up now I'm headed that way again..

cathyfowler662 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:52am
post #810 of 11980

Good night Julie!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%