What Filling To Use With French Vanilla Cake?

Baking By KrisD13 Updated 9 Jun 2006 , 12:49am by DelightsByE

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 5:08am
post #1 of 19

Hi.

I'm still new to cake decorating compared to some of you amazing decorators and artists. I was just wondering .....

I am about to make a French Vanilla cake and would like a filling that will complement and add just the right kick to the flavor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions icon_biggrin.gif

18 replies
TMM2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TMM2001 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 5:14am
post #2 of 19

I made a french vanilla cake today and I used banana cream filling...Raspberry fillling would be nice too.

KrisD13 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 5:18am
post #3 of 19

Thank you TMM2001

......and I do have a box of banana pie filling I might be able to wrangle into a filling.....and rasberry jam that's just been waiting for a purpose. Now I just have to decide on which one to use... icon_wink.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 5:22am
post #4 of 19

STRAWBERRY FILLING
KEY LIME FILLING

OOO I'M READY TO EAT

KrisD13 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 5:25am
post #5 of 19

Thank you, daltonam

You wouldn't by any chance have a recipe for that Key Lime filling, would you? Please and thank you....also for replying so fast icon_biggrin.gif

Muchly appreciated!

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 5:31am
post #6 of 19

I use raspberry but I mix it into BC - I think the raspberry by itself is too dominating for a delicate flavor like French Vanilla, IMO!

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 5:48am
post #7 of 19

FRESH STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!! Chop them up small and mix with a strawberry glaze-usually found in the produce dept. YUMM Not only yummy, but very pretty too.

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 6:13am
post #8 of 19

Any kind of fruits or nuts would go good. Vanilla is a universal flavor!!

pyseas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyseas Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 6:17am
post #9 of 19

The filling recipe here called Raspberry Kahlua Cream is very good with french vanilla cake.

KrisD13 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 6:37am
post #10 of 19

Big thank you's to everyone who replied....I think I have a lot of filling options to choose from....decisions, decisions icon_razz.gif!

Well...I'm off to try to decide on just one for this cake. Everyone here is so supportive and helpful with all the questions and problems I've read, and some I've submitted (lol).

Easy to see why we can spend hours on this site, reading, looking at pics, and absorbing as much info as we can. icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, pyseas, I love your heart/daisies Mother's Day cake. It's beautiful!

Thank you again, everyone!

DeniseMarlaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseMarlaine Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:26pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

STRAWBERRY FILLING
KEY LIME FILLING

OOO I'M READY TO EAT

Daltonam, if you have a key lime recipe could you post it. It sounds delicious!

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:30pm
post #12 of 19

Filling options are always the hardest thing to decide on. icon_lol.gif They are also the best.

In your case, I do a French Vanilla cake with either strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. I find the combo works very well, the light taste of the cake against fruit, yum. I also add extra flavor with moistening syrup on each layer. The flavor depends on the berrie, almond, more vanilla, citrus works, lemon is great or no flavor at all, just the syrup.

Have fun...

DelightsByE Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:39pm
post #13 of 19

daltonam - it's OK you can tell them I gave you the key lime BC recipe icon_lol.gif , I will pm it to those who ask, I'd rather not post it though!

daltonam Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:44pm
post #14 of 19

thank you--i didn't know what to do--it DelightsByE's recipe-ask her--i was just so happy to have it-i'm sorry

DelightsByE Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:46pm
post #15 of 19

icon_lol.gif

daltonam Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 3:09pm
post #16 of 19

I WENT TO WASH DISHES & CAME BACK &....

I CAN STILL HEAR YOU LAUGHING-IT'S NOT FUNNY-I WAS LIKE "OH CRAP WHAT HAVE I DONE" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

PLEASE LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I'M NOT SELFISH I DO NOT MIND GIVING OUT MY OWN RECIPES BUT I STOP AT GIVING SOMEONE ELSES--

I'M HUNGRY--I NEED CAKE, MMMM W/ KEY LIME FILLING icon_biggrin.gif

DelightsByE Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 3:12pm
post #17 of 19

icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KrisD13 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 11:25pm
post #18 of 19

Thank you, everyone!

I used the raspberry in the filling, and it was a hit. Everyone loved the flavor.

BTW, DelightsByE, I just took a look at your gallery. You have some absolutely beautiful work in there. I particularly like the Wedding Cake you did for your Mom. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it.

And, again, thank you to everyone. You are always so helpful when anyone has a problem or question. This is definitely the best forum online icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

DelightsByE Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 12:49am
post #19 of 19

aww shucks KrisD icon_redface.gif

Thank you for your lovely compliment! But I must say - there are so many much better decorators out there. I'm still in the rookie leagues!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%